Spongy Brakes 2002 Escalade EXT
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Spongy Brakes 2002 Escalade EXT in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an 2002 Escalade EXT My husband had replaced rotors/brake and brake calipers back around March/April. A week ago ...
    jbird06410 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT

Spongy Brakes 2002 Escalade EXT

I have an 2002 Escalade EXT

My husband had replaced rotors/brake and brake calipers back around March/April.

A week ago driving on the highway my brakes seized as if I had a stuck caliber. I managed to get it to a service station. They replaced the Master cylinder and the power
    steering assist. Cost a fortune....

The other day I was driving and the brakes were making a noise like the brake pads were worn. Then as I was approaching a stop sign I rolled through it and the ABS
    engaged.

My husband removed the driver's side brake caliper and it was pretty much shot. So yesterday he replaced it. He also replaced the brake host with a braided one.

Now the brakes are really spongy and it feels like the front brakes are barely engaging. We bled the front brakes and it is not getting any better. They were not spongy prior to the caliper replacement.

We are about to bleed it again and include the back brakes. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Jen

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Spongy Brakes 2002 Escalade EXT

We bleed them all again. Still bad. We turn the car on and the brakes go right to the floor.

He pulled off the new braided hose checked that the fluid is coming out of the master cylinder and then followed it to the caliper. The new caliper does not appear to be engaging..could that still bean issue with air in the lines?

What else could it be?

Thanks!
    Jen

Re: Spongy Brakes 2002 Escalade EXT

Well, we got the answer....they gave us the wrong side for the caliber.

It fit with no issues. The only thing we noticed just now is the left side bleeder is in a different position then the right one.

No where does it say on the box. I had to look it up. I saw someone else have a similar problem and someone suggested that he had the wrong sides.

Anyway...case closed....for now.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird06410
    Well, we got the answer....they gave us the wrong side for the caliber. It fit with no issues. The only thing we noticed just now is the left side bleeder is in a different position then the right one. No where does it say on the box. I had to look it up. I saw someone else have a similar problem and someone suggested that he had the wrong sides. Anyway...case closed....for now.
    yeah it will fit but with the bleed screw not in the right position it will be hard to get the air out

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium

Cool Re: Spongy Brakes 2002 Escalade EXT

Wow, good catch! Check out my post under 2009 forum Brake bleeder issue and Motive Power Bleeder kit for the future.... Best investment I ever made!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.