Exhaust pipe advice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Exhaust pipe advice in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, guys! Just bought gibson 69602 dual sport exhaust, but the issue is that the stock headpipe is 2.5' in ...
    CapJack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Exhaust pipe advice

Hi, guys!
    Just bought gibson 69602 dual sport exhaust, but the issue is that the stock headpipe is 2.5' in diameter and the new pipe is 2 3/4. So, the clamps can't fixate it.
    Any ideas would be appreciated! http://gibsonperformance.com/product...str_mnl_01.pdf

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lmackattack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1965

Re: Exhaust pipe advise

head to a muffler shop and have them weld on the correct flange. Its likely the only correct way to get it to fit properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
    head to a muffler shop and have them weld on the correct flange. Its likely the only correct way to get it to fit properly.
    Thanks, Lmackattack!
    Well, I was thinking the same way, but was wondering are there any gaskets or rings or smth. ehaust was purchased by the vin code, I was not ready for such kind of problem

blaze190 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Might be something wrong with the cat back kit. I bought and installed the exact system on my 2005 and had no problems at all. Everything mounted as expected.

Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT

I would recheck with Gibson to make sure you were sent the right parts but it wouldn't be hard for an exhaust shop to weld on a 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 adapter. They look like a small funnel. I had 3 1/2 down to 3" done from my header collector to the exhaust pipes done on my 67 Camaro.

boge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze190 View Post
    Might be something wrong with the cat back kit. I bought and installed the exact system on my 2005 and had no problems at all. Everything mounted as expected.
    sorry not trying to thread jack. Just wondering how is the Gibson dual kit was debating between that and corsa but prefer dual but heard Corsa was the best

blaze190 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have never heard or installed a corsa system before so I can't honestly say if one is better then the other. I went with the Gibson because their system was quite a bit less expensive. I will say I am very pleased with the exhaust note but does have a little resonance in the interior but nothing like a hard core system like Flowmaster.

The item was shopped by Vin from Gibson and it is assembling perfectly itself.
    I've heard that Borla split rear rocks, but it is much more expensive.

UPD
    The issue was solved by welding.
    Also have Gibson headers, love the sound!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.