hello from pgh have some 05 escalade questions looking to purchase
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, hello from pgh have some 05 escalade questions looking to purchase in Cadillac Escalade Forums; hello my name is greg just joined I am from Pittsburgh,pa. so far I found this site to be very ...
    6-b-kwik is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

hello from pgh have some 05 escalade questions looking to purchase

hello my name is greg just joined I am from Pittsburgh,pa. so far I found this site to be very well educational in many ways.

I am looking at a 2005 pearl white escalade with 89k on it. i didn't look at truck yet but been doing phone deal from dealer before I drive up n decide.so far door jambs and tail gate look rust free n rockers. they were asking 15,999 for truck so far were down to 15,400,total would be 16,700 when done and would have to finance. my question is am I over paying for this truck? I been reading about cluster issues electrical,heated seats,transfer case,and tranny flare up.this all scares me being truck will not have warranty other than 3,000 mile powertrain. truck has 6.0 awd rear entertainment center back up sensor's pretty loaded up!!!! plz help what else to look for just don't wanna get the shaft. car has a clean carfax as well but has had 3 owners in 89k thxs for your time and hope someone has some good insight

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I can only suggest you test drive it and see it first(never just take they're word)

Check under it for leaks(those can tell how well it has been taken care of as long the service records)

During the test drive try everything out(lights,wipers etc) and listen for noises

Re: hello from pgh have some 05 escalade questions looking to purchase

ya I was planning on that trying everything out make sure it works!! was planning on atleast a 20 mile test drive. just hate to buy something and have to do a ton of work to!! really want a caddy but it makes me nervous as well.my family has had good luck with denali and suburban's both with 6.0 and high miles

I know that feeling(went through a lot of trouble with a 99 Chrysler Concorde)glad to be rid of it

I have a 03 with over 180k on the clock and so far its been a great truck with a few minor things that had to be replaced

The rear air shocks are a common thing as these trucks age(rear has auto level with the auto ride system) FYI if it displays the service ride control its likely the compressor there is a fellow member who repairs them if its not water damaged

Let me know if you need to know anything

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    I know that feeling(went through a lot of trouble with a 99 Chrysler Concorde)glad to be rid of it

I have a 03 with over 180k on the clock and so far its been a great truck with a few minor things that had to be replaced

The rear air shocks are a common thing as these trucks age(rear has auto level with the auto ride system) FYI if it displays the service ride control its likely the compressor there is a fellow member who repairs them if its not water damaged

Let me know if you need to know anything
    okay does it seem overpriced for truck

Not really if its in great shape inside and out

My dad got his h2 just under 20 grand with around the same mileage

okay gonna hopefully make the 2hr drive tomm to look at it n see if all checks out might buy it

I hope it goes well

jrader94 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 ESV Platinum
    I don't think its overpriced, just bough my 05 ESV for 13.8k with 144k miles. I would definately check rear shocks if they are blown, would give you some leverage if the air ride and compressor aren't working. The cluster issue is common yes, but not a factor really, fairly cheap fix. Drive it hard
    and listen to whistling in front diff especially, and tranny should shift smoothe as snot. If its whistling, it'll probably be a grand to rebuild/replace. Other than that, its and 05, so look for mechanical problems, rust, and general condition of ext and interior. Hopefully previous owners parked in garages so everythings in good shape....good chance since its a caddy. Hope everything checks out ok!

Lmackattack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1965

just bought a 2004 AWD, fully loaded, pearl white, 59,000 miles, rust free non smoker, im the 2nd owner, for 17,000 out the door with tax title and license.

They were asking 18,900 and I got them down to 15,500 before tax.

hope this helps

I passed super clean but truck was whistling like a train horn so I passed they wouldnt knock money off for me to fix myself o well the hunt continues...u guys were big help

Sounds like you made a good choice. If they won't budge for an obvious future repair then let the next buyer eat it. When I purchased my truck they took off $500 because the front air blower wasnt working. Cost me 30 bucks for a module and voila. Keep looking

I did the same on mine with the shocks and compressor they took 500 off(wish they had taken more off)

Yeah...if I had known better I could have bartered down because of blown rear shocks as well. Wasn't educated on what to look for until after purchase unfortunately.

Yea I had done my research before I got mine as to what to look for as far as problem areas goes

Only issue mine has now is a moaning from the ac compressor other then that its quiet

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.