Cadillac ext, 2002
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Cadillac ext, 2002 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Good afternoon, I have used this forum in the past few months and it has helped greatly in finding issues ...
    Meyerwolfe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ext, 2002

Cadillac ext, 2002

Good afternoon,

I have used this forum in the past few months and it has helped greatly in
    finding issues in my old girl.( whistling while driving slowly, idles low and dies at the stop light or slow turns in parking lots, coolant leaking, vacuum seals) but I want to know if there happens to be a good manual for services on this vehicle. It is my first
    American car, and I want to do this right. I bought it used, and it has been reliable
    Despite its mechanical issues. I would like to keep her running and serviceable for
    The years to come. It came with some stuff ( rims, DVD players in the ceiling and
    radio, no engine sheathe) and I also want to know if there would be any benefit to
    Returning her to stock condition. Thanks in advance,

Cheers, Mr. Wolfe

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Hi welcome to the forum

First I would suggest finding a set of engine covers as they help keep the engine cooler

The rims are up to you

I would need to know are the DVD players stock(these trucks come with one from factory)

----------

Also I forgot to add I can help on the service manual

Re: Cadillac ext, 2002

Why thanks! I'm not really one for the whole gangster look, so I've been thinking about getting a stock set. Couldn't tell you a thing about the DVD players

Quote Originally Posted by Meyerwolfe
    Why thanks! I'm not really one for the whole gangster look, so I've been thinking about getting a stock set. Couldn't tell you a thing about the DVD players
    If they have panasonic on them and match either the interior or headliner color they are oem

Let me know if you find a set of oem's cheap I have been debating of getting aftermarket rims but haven't found a set I like(I do like the oems on the third gen escalades)
    If you don't want to keep the ones you have let me know depending on the design I may take them off your hands

I will let you know! Thanks, you have a PDF of the service manual?

Yes I do

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyerwolfe
    so any rim other than stock is "gangster"??? Good to know.... Smh

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    He didn't post a picture, but he did post that there's a tv in it, aftermarket radio, missing parts, and an apparent lack of maintenance. Sounds like a typical "gangsta'" mobile to me. Maybe they're really ugly 30 inchers with gold pimp cup center caps.

I was asking if for purposes of maintenance and reliability whether I should prefer stock; and seeing as it
    was from a police auction, yes, yes it was most likely within the inept hands of a criminal recividist. I have already inspected the coolant systems, it would appear that it has suffered a long term leak. But he was
    much too busy to inspect anything, from the looks of it. If I upset anyone for stating a garish but working
    pair of rims are currently on my vehicle, I recommend perhaps, some tougher skin.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    No ruffled feathers here, jus merely making a point, hell i used to be a gangster so tougher skin was standard... anyway congrats on ur new ride all the gangsters where im from drive escalades

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.