Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: strange thing happend today

  1. #1
    caprice man 76's Avatar
    caprice man 76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SAN JOSE.CALIF
    Age
    53
    Posts
    186

    strange thing happend today

    I drove my son to summer school 1/4 of a mile this morning and after on my way to the gas station I called my wife with the onstar phone. and right after she hung up I noticed my stereo had no sound. then noticed that abs light was on. gauges wouldn't work except for speedo and tach. the only window that would work was the drivers. no chimes and no courtesy lights. so I gassed up went home and immediately disconnected the positive on the battery and waited 1/2 hour. connected it back and everything was back to normal. my question is should I be worried. and if so what should I do?


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    I hate to break it to you but that's because of the bcm(body control module) I am surprised you could even drive the truck in said condition

    I would check and clean both battery cables and if it happens again I would be looking at the ground for the bcm first and if its clean and tight then its likely the bcm itself

    I know how you feel as I went through this same issue with my previous car(99 Chrysler Concorde) not fun

  4. #3
    caprice man 76's Avatar
    caprice man 76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SAN JOSE.CALIF
    Age
    53
    Posts
    186

    Re: strange thing happend today

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    I hate to break it to you but that's because of the bcm(body control module) I am surprised you could even drive the truck in said condition

    I would check and clean both battery cables and if it happens again I would be looking at the ground for the bcm first and if its clean and tight then its likely the bcm itself

    I know how you feel as I went through this same issue with my previous car(99 Chrysler Concorde) not fun
    gee thanks cadillac man just yanking your chain. thanks for info. I will be lookin out!

  5. #4
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by caprice man 76
    gee thanks cadillac man just yanking your chain. thanks for info. I will be lookin out!

    Don't feel bad it could have just been a one time thing

    I know it may sound hard to believe but the bcm does control a lot of stuff in the truck

    I hated to sound blunt about it but I have had previous experience with a bcm going nuts and its never fun

    Let me know if you have issues again and I will help you find the ground wire for it

  6. #5
    caprice man 76's Avatar
    caprice man 76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SAN JOSE.CALIF
    Age
    53
    Posts
    186

    Re: strange thing happend today

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Don't feel bad it could have just been a one time thing

    I know it may sound hard to believe but the bcm does control a lot of stuff in the truck

    I hated to sound blunt about it but I have had previous experience with a bcm going nuts and its never fun

    Let me know if you have issues again and I will help you find the ground wire for it
    Thanks cadillac man you have been a great help the whole time I have had my escalade.thanks

  7. #6
    Retrax's Avatar
    Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    257

    Re: strange thing happend today

    I think it's because it is Friday the thirteenth. You will have better luck after midnight.

  8. #7
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrax
    I think it's because it is Friday the thirteenth. You will have better luck after midnight.
    Haha lol superstition huh?

  9. #8
    caprice man 76's Avatar
    caprice man 76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SAN JOSE.CALIF
    Age
    53
    Posts
    186

    Re: strange thing happend today

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Haha lol superstition huh?
    im superstitious


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum