Key Fob and Driver number
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Key Fob and Driver number in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi When i bought my truck i had 2 keyfobs, when putting the key in the igition for each it ...
    SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV Platinum 2004 ::: BMW 750iL 2000

Key Fob and Driver number

Hi

When i bought my truck i had 2 keyfobs, when putting the key in the igition for each it said "Driver 1" and "Driver 2", now when i do it they are both "Driver 1", so how did dirver 2 get reset to driver 1?

Also how many drivers can you have? (i assume 2 as thats how many seat memories it has)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT

Re: Key Fob and Driver number

I thought they were numbered one and two on the back and you had to program them to the car with a tech 2 but I could be wrong

SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV Platinum 2004 ::: BMW 750iL 2000

The only thing thats been done was new TPMS sensors fitted, which needed to be learned (not by a TECH2 though).

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    It could be a bad passenger door module

Both the keyless entry and the tpms work through that module

flyingdutchman is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT

Great link Dutchman. The first link says the process will erase all previous fobs and the second link tells how to assign number one and number two on the door panel switch but how does the op assign the remotes to driver one and driver two? When you can program up to four remotes in the first link do you know if the vehicle assigns them and remembers them in order as remote one, two, three, etc?

Thanks

Edit: after re reading this I wonder if you assign the remotes in the first link, then pick the one you want to be driver one, use it to lock/unlock the car, set your number one settings, then press and hold the driver one button on the door. Then lock/unlock the door with the remote you want to use as driver two, make all your settings and press and hold the driver two button on the door and now the truck remembers which remote was driver one and which one was driver two? Maybe it works that way?

flyingdutchman is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If I remember key turned to run, do your settings, press 1 or 2 turn off ignition, press lock on fob

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Guys the fobs are assigned in the order you program them
    I know as my dad got a replacement fob(only came with one) for his h2
    The dealer programmed mine as being driver 1 and his as driver 2
    When we got home I reprogrammed them using the steps I have and it worked like a charm till my remote crapped out(it was replaced under warranty)and I had to do it again

No need for a tech-2 and you can program up to 4 remotes to one truck but only two is tied to the memory system for the seat the other two only recall the DIC settings

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.