New guy here
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, New guy here in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    wolfgrayhusky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV White Diamond Pearl/ Shale

New guy here

Hi everyone, newbie here just introducing myself. I just bought a White Diamond 2004 ESV about a week ago and I think it's fantastic. I'm coming from owning nothing but Mustangs for the last 13-14 years. I got sick of white knuckle driving in the rain and snow and not being able to fit anything in them (still have my Mach 1 though). The only bad part is now when a buddy wants help moving they'll call me for sure, haha. I made the mistake of going to the dealer to fix some things after I bought it and ah fanabla they're expensive! (although they treated me first–class like I just spent 90k on a new one) I had to replace the air shocks and compressor, front rotors and calipers, charge the A/C and a few other things and I still have things to do but I think I'll just tackle them myself. I had to replace the fog–lights and the front and rear emblems and change the fluid in the differentials and oil and filter so I did those myself, and the Escalade ESV letters were missing from the passenger side. So my question is the park assist is blinking and so I know I need to troubleshoot that to see which sensor is inop by jumping a cannon plug in series with the Bose Box, but I can't find the bose box under either second row seat. Is it inside the rear trim? The other question is the nav gives me errors a lot. What are people replacing that with since apparently nobody sells the OEM receivers reconditioned or new? Thanks, Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgrayhusky
    Hi everyone, newbie here just introducing myself. I just bought a White Diamond 2004 ESV about a week ago and I think it's fantastic. I'm coming from owning nothing but Mustangs for the last 13-14 years. I got sick of white knuckle driving in the rain and snow and not being able to fit anything in them (still have my Mach 1 though). The only bad part is now when a buddy wants help moving they'll call me for sure, haha. I made the mistake of going to the dealer to fix some things after I bought it and ah fanabla they're expensive! (although they treated me first–class like I just spent 90k on a new one) I had to replace the air shocks and compressor, front rotors and calipers, charge the A/C and a few other things and I still have things to do but I think I'll just tackle them myself. I had to replace the fog–lights and the front and rear emblems and change the fluid in the differentials and oil and filter so I did those myself, and the Escalade ESV letters were missing from the passenger side. So my question is the park assist is blinking and so I know I need to troubleshoot that to see which sensor is inop by jumping a cannon plug in series with the Bose Box, but I can't find the bose box under either second row seat. Is it inside the rear trim? The other question is the nav gives me errors a lot. What are people replacing that with since apparently nobody sells the OEM receivers reconditioned or new? Thanks, Mike
    The errors on the nav could be the maps disc (shoot me a pm for more info)
    There is a company that services the factory radio if the maps disc isn't the cause

The park sensor system has a diagnostic plug not far from it(little black box with Bosch on it)

It is under the left rear trim in the cargo area

Re: New guy here

Okay, thank you very much, I thought I was loosing my mind looking for that little Bosch box under the seats, lol!
    The map disc looks okay, I'll try burning a fresh copy but I think it's the receiver. Do you know why under the passenger side rear seat there's a bicycle brake cable going across to operate something but on the driver's side there's no cable?

Okay, thank you very much, I thought I was loosing my mind looking for that little Bosch box under the seats, lol! The map disc looks okay, I'll try burning a fresh copy but I think it's the receiver. Do you know why under the passenger side rear seat there's a bicycle brake cable going across to operate something but on the driver's side there's no cable?
    Glad to help
    If the disc doesn't work out let me know I have a trick to maybe getting it I work

The cable is a release for the seat back I think both does have one but one side is hidden
    If the seat back doesn't fold down then you have a major issue

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.
    Glad to help and if you need help with the maps disc just shoot me a pm
    Welcome to the forum I know your going to enjoy it here

Hi Cadillac Man, So I just discovered Ihave power folding mirrors on this thing. It doesn't work though. When you put the L/R mirror selector in te middle position the directional button below that doesn't light up; pushing it left or right does nothing. Everything else with the mirrors works though, including curb view assist.

I'd say the driver door module needs replacing if a harness hasn't been disconnected

Let me know and I will list the steps on how to remove the door panel so you can check it

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
    Hi Cadillac Man, So I just discovered Ihave power folding mirrors on this thing. It doesn't work though. When you put the L/R mirror selector in te middle position the directional button below that doesn't light up; pushing it left or right does nothing. Everything else with the mirrors works though, including curb view assist.
    You have to hold the button down for 2-3 seconds to get them to fold in or out. Press and hold the side of the 4way button closest to the steering wheel to fold them in and the side closest to the door to get them to fold back out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.