Front Differencial Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Front Differencial Problem in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Have a roaring noise from front differencial. Took it to the Cadillac dealer and they said the differencial was bad ...
    Dvedner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Front Differencial Problem

Have a roaring noise from front differencial. Took it to the Cadillac dealer and they said the differencial was bad and wanted to replace it with a used one with 125,000 miles on it for $2,400.00. My Escalade only has 79,000 miles on it. Has anyone else had this problem. Seems really early for my front dif to go out. Should I take it somewhere to have it rebuilt or am I better off buying a used one? Any help much appreciated. Don

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hturner0iii0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV
    Hello

You can take your caddy to a shop that specializes in 4X4 and differential repair. They can rebuild it much cheaper than a new differential. I had mine rebuilt last year and I haven't had any problems since.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I second going to a independent shop and having it rebulit

BIG-KO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade

Re: Front Differencial Problem

The best thing to do is rebuild, then when properly done you know what you have. Buying used not a good decision, it's a crap shoot how long it will last. If the shop will allow you to provide your own parts go to Randys Ring and Pinion and buy their kit# ZBKGM8.25IFS-B. Here; http://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/Produc...rce=DiffWizard. The kit is 1/2 the price of GM bearings and they are the same bearings, brand KOYO.

LA Dawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1964 Cadillac DeVille convertible & 2005 Cadillac Escalade

Just another opinion, all above is correct....did so as well....

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Dvedner View Post
    Have a roaring noise from front differencial. Took it to the Cadillac dealer and they said the differencial was bad and wanted to replace it with a used one with 125,000 miles on it for $2,400.00. My Escalade only has 79,000 miles on it. Has anyone else had this problem. Seems really early for my front dif to go out. Should I take it somewhere to have it rebuilt or am I better off buying a used one? Any help much appreciated. Don
    Good Afternoon Don,

I apologize that you are experiencing a noise in your differential. I can understand the frustrations that come along with repair costs. Although we are unable to diagnose vehicles over the web, we would be happy to reach out to your dealership on your behalf in order to discuss your situation further. If this is something you would like our assistance with, feel free to send us a PM with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. (Assisting)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Dvedner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Thank you for your responses. I also thought rebuilding would be the best option just couldn't understand why Massey Cadillac would suggest buying a used one with 125,000 miles on it for $2,400.00 installed. Doesn't make sense. Can any of you give me an estimate of what your total cost to rebuild was? Appreciate the help. Don

Retrax is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT

Curious to see what the rebuild costs are also

hturner0iii0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV
    Hello

The cost to rebuild my front differential was $1,076

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.