Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Kartik1030 
#1 ·
Bad news, i was getting the rest of my stuff to go back to college. And im driving on the highway and I feel something really wierd about how the escalade is driving. I figure ill get off at the next exit because I need gas. I could barely turn the steering wheel. I look at the wheels 3 of the 4 tires were flat. I had the gas station attendent look at them no holes at all. I figure I should go back and take my dads truck and figure out what is wrong. So my dad is going to get the tires replaced. It wasnt the tires tho. My rims were so corroded from driving in the snow that they just messed the tires up. I don't care how well you maintain your rims. Take them off. This also happened to my roomate as well. Anyone know about the warranty on chrome wheels? Had them for about 3 yrs.

#2 ·
Many chrome wheels have a 1 year warranty on the chrome, and good wheel will have a 3 year chrome warranty. My truck spend half the year in many feet of snow, and then 6 hour drives each way through sand and salt driving to our home in upstate NY, and I have no pitting or corrosion on the stock chrome wheels after 3 years of this, the key is maintenance, I take off my wheels (on all my cars or trucks) twice a year, clean, clay and wax them, use a synthetic wax, carnauba wax will only last a few weeks, a 100% synthetic wax will last 6 months, keep them clean and keep the salt off and they will keep looking good for years. :)

#3 ·
hcvone said:
Many chrome wheels have a 1 year warranty on the chrome, and good wheel will have a 3 year chrome warranty. My truck spend half the year in many feet of snow, and then 6 hour drives each way through sand and salt driving to our home in upstate NY, and I have no pitting or corrosion on the stock chrome wheels after 3 years of this, the key is maintenance, I take off my wheels (on all my cars or trucks) twice a year, clean, clay and wax them, use a synthetic wax, carnauba wax will only last a few weeks, a 100% synthetic wax will last 6 months, keep them clean and keep the salt off and they will keep looking good for years. :)
What type of syntetic wax do you use on your wheels? Are they aftermarket or factory? I have TIS wheels and want to wax them but dont know what to put on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.