i want to buy a used cadillac esclade EXT
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, i want to buy a used cadillac esclade EXT in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hallo guys i want to buy a used cadillac esclade EXT between 2002 and 2004 any major problems on transmission ...
    Ali112 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Smile i want to buy a used cadillac esclade EXT

Hallo guys i want to buy a used cadillac esclade EXT between 2002 and 2004 any major problems on transmission and engine on this years its a Good truck to drive every day,What are the main points that should I checked out,thanks advance for all info Regards

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: i want to buy a used cadillac esclade EXT

Hallo guys i want to buy a used cadillac esclade EXT between 2002 and 2004 any major problems on transmission and engine on this years its a Good truck to drive every day,What are the main points that should I checked out,thanks advance for all info Regards

Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT

Try to get a service history. People who tend to care for their vehicles usually keep receipts or at least can tell you where they have had it serviced. Check EVERYTHING on the vehicle to make sure it works.

Common failures are rear suspension compressor, rear shocks, intake manifold leaks, and broken exhaust manifold bolts. Most dealerships will conduct a Pre Purchase Inspection and will go over the whole truck to let you know what needs to be dealt with. It usually costs $200-$300 but if you are not mechanically inclined it is money well spent.

If you don't know when fluids were changed (proof with actual receipts, believe nobody on word alone) you would be wise to change all fluids (coolant flush, transmission fluid flush and filter replacement, front and rear differential fluid, brake fluid, power steering, and new fuel filter) depending on the age of the vehicle. Again, this is preventative maintenance and can save you a lot of trouble later on. Flush brakes every two years and coolant every 4 years.

Have front differential checked. These trucks are hard on the front dif and they are expensive to rebuild or replace. Be prepared to spend a lot on gas, these vehicle are not fuel efficient.

Thanks Retrax does they had any transmission problems like Avalanche,its a good deal to buy Esclade with 60000 mile

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali112
    Thanks Retrax does they had any transmission problems like Avalanche,its a good deal to buy Esclade with 60000 mile
    Different model tranny from the avalanche (4l65e not the 4l60e)

I have around 180k miles on my 03 with no tranny problems so far(recently done a fluid and filter change on the tranny)

60,000 miles is pretty low which is good. I would still get an independent pre purchase inspection. If there isn't any damage or worn out parts you should be good with changing the fluids if needed. Check the tires and brake pads, and the condition of the battery. Other than the items I listed in the previous post you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrax
    60,000 miles is pretty low which is good. I would still get an independent pre purchase inspection. If there isn't any damage or worn out parts you should be good with changing the fluids if needed. Check the tires and brake pads, and the condition of the battery. Other than the items I listed in the previous post you should be good.
    +1 I agree

FYI these trucks are hard on rear brakes I am getting ready for my third set on mine whereas my front brakes are still good

thank you brother, i had a jeep grand cherokee 4.7Litre I do not think there will be a big difference on fuel efficient .I read many threads about Vortec engines are reliable and great and better than jeep also

Yes, there is no reason these trucks should not see 250,000 miles if you keep up with maintenance.

thank you brother, i had a jeep grand cherokee 4.7Litre I do not think there will be a big difference on fuel efficient .I read many threads about Vortec engines are reliable and great and better than jeep also
    The fuel use will depend on the engine size and how well you can keep your foot out of the pedal

As far as reliable I have over 180k miles and its still going strong

I was a Chrysler convert(had a 99 Concorde lxi) nice car with a crap electrical(thanks Mercedes)
    I got rid of it after learning about the risk of the timing belt(replacement engine if the belt snaps no thank you)
    The engines in these trucks use a timing chain(better) that has a proven track record
    The 4l65e tranny also has a long and proven track record(it is basically a 4l65 with electronic shifting)
    The main thing most will agree with me on is the front differential

Other then that its mostly small stuff(back up sensors and stuff like that) that can break

If your wondering how I know this my uncle worked for gm for 30years and passed a lot of his knowledge on to me

Thank you man,whats wrong on the front Diff,this differential open or its had any clutch pack inside to work on slippery condition

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Why not a 05-06?...pretty much same truck, but better looking cluster/gauges, nicer looking steering wheel, and the seats and carpets are "usually" in a little better condition! --either way great choice on truck, you wont regret it!

Thank you man,whats wrong on the front Diff,this differential open or its had any clutch pack inside to work on slippery condition
    Mainly bearing issues

Mark Edward Morrison is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Be sure to check the radiator bearings before you make a purchase of an Escalade, mine went out and the dealer charged me a fortune to replace them!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.