Service Ride Control Message: Switch to Regualr shocks? Anyone?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Service Ride Control Message: Switch to Regualr shocks? Anyone? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; OK guys... I got this message and noticed that my compressor is not kicking on at all. I have read ...
    OneLuv1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

Service Ride Control Message: Switch to Regualr shocks? Anyone?

OK guys...

I got this message and noticed that my compressor is not kicking on at all.
    I have read a crap load of threads and just get up and down answers as what to do....

I really dont have money to chase things and have been looking into a set of regular shocks.
    Has anyone used this particular set or maybe be able to steer me to a set they know works...

I dont know what to do with these cars and computers....soooo any advice?

http://www.strutmasters.com/Cadillac...m-suvr1-ce.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Before you throw any money into it i would get the codes pulled

Likely its the compressor(common due to leaky rear shocks)

Amazon has the compressor for a good price
    If you want a good price on shocks arnotts is one for you if you don't want to spend a lot of cash

I couldn't believe how much of a difference it made when I replaced my rear shocks(rear end would bob up and down on bad roads and would at times make me feel almost seasick)

Carvone is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 STS 1SG & 03 ESCALADE

Re: Service Ride Control Message: Switch to Regualr shocks? Anyone?

Look down about 17 threads from yours and you will find these two threads...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...my-2004-a.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-escalade.html

That link of yours is $327 for only the rears, you can get all 4 Bilsteins from Amazon for about $240 with free shipping too. There are many more threads on this topic that will provide days of reading. Good luck.

OK but i am wanting to talk to someone who has actually used the shock conversion kit...
    I have read many threads... I will read more..

Carvone... the billisteins have the coil shock also? is that actually what needs replaced?

I hate going on peoples threads and asking questions, so i open a thread...
    Hopefully someone dont mind helping answer my questions if they have time to read it..

Thanks in advance ..

----------

Another thing its been 2-3 weeks since it stopped and i have no sag in the rear and seems to still ride great!!
    LoL, are they supposed to sag?

Jophusp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500

Just a thought. I was getting that same message, compressor would not kick on, and it turned out to be nothing more than the little sensor in my front driver wheel well. Little super glue, and black electrical tape, and shes rigged up real good! everything working again, problem solved for about 30 cents.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    The message can be triggered by several things. Without pulling the codes, it's just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage
    The message can be triggered by several things. Without pulling the codes, it's just guessing.
    +1 I agree

Primetime1267 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade
    You can crawl under the truck and look at the shocks.. my rear shocks are bad, you can notice holes in the bladder. So I know for a fact I will need rears, everynow and then I can hear the compressor kick on. But I'm sure it's on it's last leg. I do not believe you will notice any sagging since we have a spring in the rear to hold the height up, unless you are towing something and then u may have some sag. I can still tow my 23ft concept boat without any issues.

My pops has a norman OBD II code reader will this work?
    Is there maybe a fuse i should be checking under the hood? checked the cab ones already...

Does anyone have a suggestion on what shocks set to go with to eliminate this?

Quote Originally Posted by OneLuv1979
    My pops has a norman OBD II code reader will this work? Is there maybe a fuse i should be checking under the hood? checked the cab ones already... Does anyone have a suggestion on what shocks set to go with to eliminate this?
    The Norman unit may not work(some will some won't)

The fuse in the under hood fuse box is labeled rtd

thanks i need to climb under there...
    i have been driving it with out and aside from some highway sway its pretty damn good considering

wish somoene who has made the switch over would comment with their thoughts

damir82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 cadillac escalade

hey there i m new at this forum..just wanted to share my experiance with converting my escalade from air ride to gas shocks. my shocks were leaking and compressor was bad also. so my entire air system was shot.
    i bought bilstein HD gas shocks that cost 65$ each..front and rear. those fit yukon tahoes avalanche also(i was looking what kind of shocks do z71 use and these are the ones.)..and istalling took 2 hours. direct fitment.

the ride its self is nice smooth pretty much same as air ride. only thing i noticed is that rear springs that are made for air ride dont go along good with gas shocks.
    its too saggy in the back. they are made softer than regular springs of tahoe/avalanche/yukon. which i allready ordered and i ll be replacing those too as soon they arrive.

i dont think you need too spend 400-700$ on conversion kits because those companies use cheap shocks like ones i bought and add stiffer rear springs to kit that you can buy for 55$ a pair brand new.

oh and for the sss light on dash i pulled 30 amp rtd fuse and disconect all the wiring off the air shocks before i took them off.

praelade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Also look into the Exhaust Valve Solenoid. It can be fixed, I offer a service for this on ebay...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.