Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Cluster Swap | 1999 or 2000 to 2003 and up

joetighe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Allante and a Black 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Cluster Swap | 1999 or 2000 to 2003 and up

I am planning to buy a 1999 or 2000 Escalade. I really want the 2nd generation however i have an Allante for the summer and i can't afford the newer one. I like the 1st generation however the gauges are very plain. I would like to put gauges from a 2003 and up into my 1st generation. I would like to know if anyone has done this. I have done some reading and people said that the cluster from the 1999 and 2000 is just like the one in a silverado and people say you can put the gauges from a 2003 and up in a silverado. This makes me think i can put it in my first generation. However i see manual odometer and gear selector, i don't know how this will work. see pictures to find out exactly what i am looking to do. If anyone could help me out that would be great. I think that the 1999 and 2000 would look great with the new style gauges. Thanks for the help in advance!
    1999-Cadillac-Escalade-GMT-400-Interior-Dashboard.jpg2002_cadillac_escalade_interior_100003503_m.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    There is module and cluster differences between the trucks which would make it almost impossible to do a simple drop in swap

joetighe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Allante and a Black 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Re: Cluster Swap | 1999 or 2000 to 2003 and up

oh, ok. I knew it was to good to be true. It was a nice thought. Thanks for you help!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by joetighe
    oh, ok. I knew it was to good to be true. It was a nice thought. Thanks for you help!
    Glad to help but hate to give bad news