Map Disc?
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Map Disc? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, I travel to Canada a lot and I always have international roaming for using my GPS on my cell. ...
  1. #1
    annayet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5

    Map Disc?

    Hi,
    I travel to Canada a lot and I always have international roaming for using my GPS on my cell. I was thinking about getting Onstar with the directions or just getting the Map Disc. My truck is 2004 and this is 2014 so would the map disc be updated to this year and is it updated every year? Would I look for a disc for my year model or should I just get Onstar for directions. I don't want to change my radio because there is nothing wrong with it...it's just missing a map disc. If I go with Onstar, I have to go to the dealership so they can change the equipment from analog to digital and then sign up for a required one year subscription for $399. Any suggestions? Thanks!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    nhramike57's Avatar
    nhramike57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT , 2007 SRX
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Age
    53
    Posts
    92

    Re: Map Disc?

    Buy the updated disc from the dealership..its about $240.00

  4. #3
    Retrax's Avatar
    Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    234

    Re: Map Disc?

    You can buy a current disc online for $199.00. I'm thinking about updating mine as well. Also, Onstar went digital at some point and the old analog systems no longer work. Mine will respond when I hit the voice button on the steering wheel but the service is no longer available. My truck is a 2003 so your 2004 might be new enough to work. If you go to their website, they offer a three month trial service free.

  5. #4
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrax
    You can buy a current disc online for $199.00. I'm thinking about updating mine as well. Also, Onstar went digital at some point and the old analog systems no longer work. Mine will respond when I hit the voice button on the steering wheel but the service is no longer available. My truck is a 2003 so your 2004 might be new enough to work. If you go to their website, they offer a three month trial service free.
    Gm has a digital conversion for our 03 trucks I have been thinking of getting mine done but not sure yet

  6. #5
    Retrax's Avatar
    Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    234

    Re: Map Disc?

    I wonder how much it costs. I don't know if I would use it enough to justify the expense of switching over though.

  7. #6
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrax
    I wonder how much it costs. I don't know if I would use it enough to justify the expense of switching over though.
    That's one reason I haven't took the plunge yet as I don't know if I would use it enough to justify the cost each year plus the cellular minutes for non onstar calls

  8. #7
    annayet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5

    Re: Map Disc?

    So would I have to buy a new disc every year since roads change and maps are usually updated every year? I think Onstar is good for the whole peace of mind thing but I definitely don't wanna buy the disc AND a required year of Onstar. Since they switched from Analog, I have to go to the dealership and have them convert my truck to digital and then Onstar requires 1 year of service. So I don't want/need both the service and disc.

  9. #8
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,531
    Quote Originally Posted by annayet
    So would I have to buy a new disc every year since roads change and maps are usually updated every year? I think Onstar is good for the whole peace of mind thing but I definitely don't wanna buy the disc AND a required year of Onstar. Since they switched from Analog, I have to go to the dealership and have them convert my truck to digital and then Onstar requires 1 year of service. So I don't want/need both the service and disc.
    The onstar service has a plan for directions also so it can be used as GPS if needed
    The price you pay at the dealer for the upgrade includes one year of service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting