Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2004 ESV Platinum Bose base speaker location

  1. #1
    SFX Group's Avatar
    SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None at the moment
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Age
    44
    Posts
    561

    2004 ESV Platinum Bose base speaker location

    Hi

    My sound is good, however i notice in the rear left there is a speaker hole blocked up, and i have found a cable not plugged in around that area.

    With this in mind where is the base speaker(s) location for the Bose (Premuim sound system?) system in the Platnum trucks?

    See pics below for images.

    speaker location?


    Not used wire (base speaker?)




  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    03 and up the sub is under the center console

    The harness you see in the second pic is for the test mode for the park assest system

  4. #3
    SFX Group's Avatar
    SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None at the moment
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Age
    44
    Posts
    561

    Re: 2004 ESV Platinum Bose base speaker location

    Thanks

    Was that area at the back used for the base before 03?

    Test for parking assist, sounds interesting, i assume its a TECH2 adapter do-dad?

    Many Thanks

  5. #4
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by SFX Group
    Thanks Was that area at the back used for the base before 03? Test for parking assist, sounds interesting, i assume its a TECH2 adapter do-dad? Many Thanks
    Yep gm changed it after 02 it had a 8 inch sub where as the 03+ has a 6.5 dvc sub under the center console

    The test harness has nothing to do with the tech-2
    Just jumper the harness put the truck in reverse and the codes will read out in the urpa led display it really easy to do

  6. #5
    SFX Group's Avatar
    SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None at the moment
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Age
    44
    Posts
    561

    Re: 2004 ESV Platinum Bose base speaker location

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Just jumper the harness put the truck in reverse and the codes will read out in the urpa led display it really easy to do
    Wil do that tomorrow, mine flashes read all the time, cleaned the sensors, i think ones gone (i hope).

  7. #6
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by SFX Group
    Wil do that tomorrow, mine flashes read all the time, cleaned the sensors, i think ones gone (i hope).
    Let me know which code it is(eg solid red led means out side sensor drivers side when in test mode)

    Do not i repeat do not need the engine running to do this

    I have one that's failed due to bumper damage back of this and I haven't got around to replacing it yet

  8. #7
    SFX Group's Avatar
    SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None at the moment
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Age
    44
    Posts
    561

    Re: 2004 ESV Platinum Bose base speaker location

    Hi

    Movie enclosed below.

    With the diagnostic link in, ignition on (engine not running) i get the below lights on the rear Parking Assist meter, between each on section they all are off, i didnt show this below.

    AMBER : AMBER : RED
    on : off : on (long)
    off : on : off (short)
    off : on : off (short)
    off : on : off (short)
    off : on : off (short)
    on : on : on
    on : off : off
    off : off : on
    repeat from start

    Movie of the above

  9. #8
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by SFX Group
    Hi Movie enclosed below. With the diagnostic link in, ignition on (engine not running) i get the below lights on the rear Parking Assist meter, between each on section they all are off, i didnt show this below. AMBER : AMBER : RED on : off : on (long) off : on : off (short) off : on : off (short) off : on : off (short) off : on : off (short) on : on : on on : off : off off : off : on repeat from start Movie of the above YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yctHdoh4AJM
    The four amber flashes means
    Reverse input wiring(likely due to not shifting into reverse quick enough to not trigger the code)
    The outside amber means the outside right sensor
    The red is the left outside sensor
    The three lights flashing means the sensor supply voltage and low reference circuit

    What you need to do is check the wiring on those two sensors for short circuits and replace the two outboard sensors(the two at the outer corners of the bumper)

  10. #9
    SFX Group's Avatar
    SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None at the moment
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Age
    44
    Posts
    561

    Re: 2004 ESV Platinum Bose base speaker location

    So, i'm supposed to put it in reverse when i do this test?

    If the left and right light show the left and right sensors, then how does it show the middle 2?
    Interesting it says low reference voltage, had the same on the mirrors and CD player (2v instead of 5v for the mirrors, although there working fine, my code / status reader showed me this), so that looks like a common issue on the whole truck, i wonder if the ground cable to the chassis isn't doing well?

    Where is the controller located, should do a continuity check between the controller and sensor plugs i suppose.

  11. #10
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by SFX Group
    So, i'm supposed to put it in reverse when i do this test? If the left and right light show the left and right sensors, then how does it show the middle 2? Interesting it says low reference voltage, had the same on the mirrors and CD player (2v instead of 5v for the mirrors, although there working fine, my code / status reader showed me this), so that looks like a common issue on the whole truck, i wonder if the ground cable to the chassis isn't doing well? Where is the controller located, should do a continuity check between the controller and sensor plugs i suppose.
    Your supposed to put it in reverse as soon as the key is on while doing the test to prevent the reverse code

    The inner sensors are indicated by the outside led for the side and the middle led(eg red led and middle led for the middle right)

    Since your seeing low voltage codes throughout the truck I would check the main battery cable connections and clean them as they can get cruddy overtime

    On the base and ext its under the second row passenger seat on the esv it is behind the panel that the test harness is located you just have to trace the wire to the module


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum