2004 ESV Platinum Bose base speaker location
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2004 ESV Platinum Bose base speaker location in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi My sound is good, however i notice in the rear left there is a speaker hole blocked up, and ...
    SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV Platinum 2004 ::: BMW 750iL 2000

2004 ESV Platinum Bose base speaker location

Hi

My sound is good, however i notice in the rear left there is a speaker hole blocked up, and i have found a cable not plugged in around that area.

With this in mind where is the base speaker(s) location for the Bose (Premuim sound system?) system in the Platnum trucks?

See pics below for images.

speaker location?

Not used wire (base speaker?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    03 and up the sub is under the center console

The harness you see in the second pic is for the test mode for the park assest system

Re: 2004 ESV Platinum Bose base speaker location

Thanks

Was that area at the back used for the base before 03?

Test for parking assist, sounds interesting, i assume its a TECH2 adapter do-dad?

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SFX Group
    Thanks Was that area at the back used for the base before 03? Test for parking assist, sounds interesting, i assume its a TECH2 adapter do-dad? Many Thanks
    Yep gm changed it after 02 it had a 8 inch sub where as the 03+ has a 6.5 dvc sub under the center console

The test harness has nothing to do with the tech-2
    Just jumper the harness put the truck in reverse and the codes will read out in the urpa led display it really easy to do

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Just jumper the harness put the truck in reverse and the codes will read out in the urpa led display it really easy to do
    Wil do that tomorrow, mine flashes read all the time, cleaned the sensors, i think ones gone (i hope).

Wil do that tomorrow, mine flashes read all the time, cleaned the sensors, i think ones gone (i hope).
    Let me know which code it is(eg solid red led means out side sensor drivers side when in test mode)

Do not i repeat do not need the engine running to do this

I have one that's failed due to bumper damage back of this and I haven't got around to replacing it yet

Hi

Movie enclosed below.

With the diagnostic link in, ignition on (engine not running) i get the below lights on the rear Parking Assist meter, between each on section they all are off, i didnt show this below.

AMBER : AMBER : RED
    on : off : on (long)
    off : on : off (short)
    on : on : on
    on : off : off
    off : off : on
    repeat from start

Movie of the above

Hi Movie enclosed below. With the diagnostic link in, ignition on (engine not running) i get the below lights on the rear Parking Assist meter, between each on section they all are off, i didnt show this below. AMBER : AMBER : RED on : off : on (long) off : on : off (short) off : on : off (short) off : on : off (short) off : on : off (short) on : on : on on : off : off off : off : on repeat from start Movie of the above YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yctHdoh4AJM
    The four amber flashes means
    Reverse input wiring(likely due to not shifting into reverse quick enough to not trigger the code)
    The outside amber means the outside right sensor
    The red is the left outside sensor
    The three lights flashing means the sensor supply voltage and low reference circuit

What you need to do is check the wiring on those two sensors for short circuits and replace the two outboard sensors(the two at the outer corners of the bumper)

So, i'm supposed to put it in reverse when i do this test?

If the left and right light show the left and right sensors, then how does it show the middle 2?
    Interesting it says low reference voltage, had the same on the mirrors and CD player (2v instead of 5v for the mirrors, although there working fine, my code / status reader showed me this), so that looks like a common issue on the whole truck, i wonder if the ground cable to the chassis isn't doing well?

Where is the controller located, should do a continuity check between the controller and sensor plugs i suppose.

So, i'm supposed to put it in reverse when i do this test? If the left and right light show the left and right sensors, then how does it show the middle 2? Interesting it says low reference voltage, had the same on the mirrors and CD player (2v instead of 5v for the mirrors, although there working fine, my code / status reader showed me this), so that looks like a common issue on the whole truck, i wonder if the ground cable to the chassis isn't doing well? Where is the controller located, should do a continuity check between the controller and sensor plugs i suppose.
    Your supposed to put it in reverse as soon as the key is on while doing the test to prevent the reverse code

The inner sensors are indicated by the outside led for the side and the middle led(eg red led and middle led for the middle right)

Since your seeing low voltage codes throughout the truck I would check the main battery cable connections and clean them as they can get cruddy overtime

On the base and ext its under the second row passenger seat on the esv it is behind the panel that the test harness is located you just have to trace the wire to the module

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.