Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  oladawg 
#1 ·
I have an '03 Escalade that has a lot of vibration that rattles through the dash at idle after it warms up. The dealer says that is normal (standard answer when they can't find the problem). Anyone else have the vibration and rattle problem?

Stan

#2 ·
I have a 2002, and noticed that the dash around the instrument cluster/stareo etc... has been pulled off in the past and some adhesive backed felt strips have been applied at various points to eleminate rattles. My experience has been that unless you have a dealership that is truely dedicated to customer satisfaction, they will not take the time to test drive a vehicle to isolate the offending sound. Best bet is to go to Wal-Mart or Auto Parts store and look for the adhesive backed velcro strips (at least the soft fuzzy side) and start pulling trip pieces. Stick a couple of inches in any suspect/rattle vibration spot. Once trim is back on it should be nice and quiet.

#5 ·
I had a rattle in my old 00 that drove me crazy, and it ended up being the dash making contact with the windshield (the dealer had it 2 weeks and couldn't figure it out)...when I had my windshield replaced the installer saw where it was loose and used some silicone - fixed!

My 03 ESV has a different rattle thats slowly driving me crazy again...it only rattles while driving, and goes away if you pull down on the pass grab bar??? anyone else have this??

#6 ·
84caddy said:
I had a rattle in my old 00 that drove me crazy, and it ended up being the dash making contact with the windshield (the dealer had it 2 weeks and couldn't figure it out)...when I had my windshield replaced the installer saw where it was loose and used some silicone - fixed!

My 03 ESV has a different rattle thats slowly driving me crazy again...it only rattles while driving, and goes away if you pull down on the pass grab bar??? anyone else have this??
i've got an '03 Slade - stock. VIbration bad at idle - worse when a/c is on.
Once I accellerate, it is less noticable, but still VERY visable.

I love the truck, but I HATE this issue! :rant2: Pls. help or else I will kill her - j/k.

#7 ·
Hopefully all of you guys that are having problems with your cars, are still under warranty, if so take it back to the cadillac repair shop and tell whats wrong................ and believe they will have no problem charging your warranty to figure out what the problem is............... and then if they don't fix it complain to GM, the Better Business Bureau............ but usually the repair shop will get the job done............ and if need be go to another caddy repair shop......... as long as your under warranty they'll fix it........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.