What is the correct PSI for 22" Rims?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, What is the correct PSI for 22" Rims? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I got Pirelli 305/40/22 on an 02 Escalade. I would like to know the correct psi for these kind of ...
    clickart is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What is the correct PSI for 22" Rims?

I got Pirelli 305/40/22 on an 02 Escalade. I would like to know the correct psi for these kind of tires. I want the best psi 22" so the tires can last long. Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soljah is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Re: What is the correct PSI for 22" Rims?

Quote Originally Posted by clickart
    I got Pirelli 305/40/22 on an 02 Escalade. I would like to know the correct psi for these kind of tires. I want the best psi 22" so the tires can last long. Thanks!!!
    Contact Pirelli or the dealer you bought them from, they should know...

lux hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It should be imprinted on the sidewall of the tire. It should also be in the original paper-work (if you bought them new).

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lux hauler
    It should be imprinted on the sidewall of the tire. It should also be in the original paper-work (if you bought them new).
    Whatever it says on the tire with my 23's i I belive it is written 45 PSI on the tire but that is the MAX load. I usually keep my tires either 3-5 underneath the max load it just depends on the weather. If I were you just keep it 3 under whatever it says on the tire.

GMike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Lee's Summit MO (Near Kansas City) Go Chiefs!

Cool Re: What is the correct PSI for 22" Rims?

Man, I don't know about that. Personal experience and logic would suggest that kind of tire pressure (40+) in low profile 22" tires will give you a rock hard ride, beating up the vehicle, suspension and driver.

I just added 20" 285/50R20 wheels and tires and I'm planning of going with 30-32lbs and adjust up from there. I think with 50 series tires I have plenty enough side wall to give decent ride and still protect the wheels and rims from potholes.

lux hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Inflate the tires to the pressure the manufacturer recommends!!
    Tires that are run under-inflated can build more heat than the tire is designed for which could cause them to fail. It also causes premature wear, poor traction and ill handling.

GMike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Lee's Summit MO (Near Kansas City) Go Chiefs!

Question Re: What is the correct PSI for 22" Rims?

Which manufacturer? Cadillac (30 PSI), Wheel Mfr, or Tire Mfr? No body agrees at all. Common rule of thumb is to go with PSi the car mafr suggests. This is based on the vehicle weight and suspension. So, when the tire and wheel size change, how will that effect the PSI? I ended up increasing the PSI in the 285/50 R20 Goodyear GTII's to 36 rear, and 34.5 front. It seams to offer good ride, handling, and wheel protection. But, I am keeping an eye out for unusual tread pattern wear.

All I'm saying is you don't want to "Cold" inflate to anywhere near the tires Max pressure. The tire heats up as its driven and can easily exceed the Max rating and cause a blowout. If I find and optimal pressure for 20" tires, I post it here.

live2jet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Red E Escalade EXT, 2001 Black on Black DHS

A Rim shop told me 43lbs front & back on my 22" Daytons.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

do tire companies take into consideration the added air pressure when driving??

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GMike
    Which manufacturer? Cadillac (30 PSI), Wheel Mfr, or Tire Mfr? No body agrees at all. Common rule of thumb is to go with PSi the car mafr suggests. This is based on the vehicle weight and suspension. So, when the tire and wheel size change, how will that effect the PSI? I ended up increasing the PSI in the 285/50 R20 Goodyear GTII's to 36 rear, and 34.5 front. It seams to offer good ride, handling, and wheel protection. But, I am keeping an eye out for unusual tread pattern wear.

All I'm saying is you don't want to "Cold" inflate to anywhere near the tires Max pressure. The tire heats up as its driven and can easily exceed the Max rating and cause a blowout. If I find and optimal pressure for 20" tires, I post it here.

GMike,I run 36 front and back with my 285/50/20's. Been doing that since the first day and the tires are wearing nice.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

They say to run 90% of the max pressure. That should calculate out to 45 psi. I have 23's (Pirelli Scorpions) and run 43 psi. (Max 50 psi)

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I run my 22's at 40psi.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.