Cadillac Escalade questions...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Cadillac Escalade questions... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi all , As you all may notice, i'm a newcomer. And i am not exactly from the US of ...
    chappo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cadillac Escalade questions...

Hi all ,

As you all may notice, i'm a newcomer.
    And i am not exactly from the US of A , but from Europe.
    The reason why i am posting is because i wanted to ask a few questions about the Cadillac Escalade and what better place to ask then on the Cadillac forums

First question is, why is the Escalade so popular ??
    I have never seen anyone driving that car here in The Netherlands while everybody in America seem to drive one or want one !

I also see alot of 'famous' people on tv driving around in tuned Escalades with 'dubs' and all that shiny "bling-bling"

Second question, where can i find an overal blueprint of the dimensions of a Cadillac Escalade ?
    I am interested in this because i have a hobby in 3d graphics and want to model a nice Escalade , but i only have reference pictures instead of a clear blueprint which tells me correctly what goes where.

if anyone can help me with this or know where i can find it...

a Big big thank you in advance !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

clickart is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Cadillac Escalade questions...

I can answer your first question. Yes, one of the reason is that the rappers had made Escalade a popular car. They have made it a very popular car to the teenagers because teenagers listen to rap and seen it on TV with all the rims. Another reason that made Escalade a popular car is that Cadillac is an American car company. Like in Japan, they all want a Lexus and I bet in Germany they all want a BMW or Mercedes But I don't know how to answer your 2nd question.

Cuhulin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

With regard to your first question, let me add three additional points to the "rap" point:

1. The Escalade is just a nice version of the Suburban that is so common in the United States. People spend large numbers of dollars on Suburbans, and I do not believe that all those people are stupid. People, especially women, feel safer driving them. In part that is correct, and in part it is false, but safety is more about how you feel than it is about statistics, and Suburbans feel SAFE.

2. We Americans live with our cars. We carry stuff. The difference between this and European cars can be seen in the trunks. Take two luxury cars -- say a Cadillac DeVille and an S-Class for comparison, and you will find that the DeVille's trunk is positively cavernous compared to the Mercedes'. The same occurs right down the lines of cars. We simply carry more. One automotive writer, Brock Yates, wrote that he used his to carry his 120 kilo English Mastiff and his growing Great Dane. He just isn't alone in that, even if the substitutes are camping gear, or soccer equipment, or something like that.

3. The biggest reason, though, for the lack of Suburbans/Escalades in Europe is that your entire system of cars and roads will not support them. The streets are often narrower, and so must be the cars. It is common in Europe to deal with this problem with folding mirrors. They are a luxury item here, to cite one example. European gasoline prices are multiples of ours. When I was in Germany two months ago, I noted that gasoline prices per liter were roughly comparable to the per gallon prices I saw here in California, and some parts of the US -- like Texas, where big pickups and SUV's are most common -- have much lower gasoline prices than we do here.

As to detailed specifications, try General Motors directly. I'll bet someone in public relations can obtain that for you if you don't tell them it is to mount an attack on their cars!

Quote Originally Posted by chappo
    Hi all ,

As you all may notice, i'm a newcomer.
    And i am not exactly from the US of A , but from Europe.
    The reason why i am posting is because i wanted to ask a few questions about the Cadillac Escalade and what better place to ask then on the Cadillac forums

First question is, why is the Escalade so popular ??
    I have never seen anyone driving that car here in The Netherlands while everybody in America seem to drive one or want one !

I also see alot of 'famous' people on tv driving around in tuned Escalades with 'dubs' and all that shiny "bling-bling"

Second question, where can i find an overal blueprint of the dimensions of a Cadillac Escalade ?
    I am interested in this because i have a hobby in 3d graphics and want to model a nice Escalade , but i only have reference pictures instead of a clear blueprint which tells me correctly what goes where.

if anyone can help me with this or know where i can find it...

a Big big thank you in advance !!

Thank you for your thorough reply Cuhulin

I just emailed Cadillac and now it's just a waiting game.
    Hope they are willing to help out
    (and don't have any thoughts of me trying to terrorise Escalade cars - which i don't have any intend to anyway !)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuhulin
    With regard to your first question, let me add three additional points to the "rap" point:

1. The Escalade is just a nice version of the Suburban that is so common in the United States. People spend large numbers of dollars on Suburbans, and I do not believe that all those people are stupid. People, especially women, feel safer driving them. In part that is correct, and in part it is false, but safety is more about how you feel than it is about statistics, and Suburbans feel SAFE.

2. We Americans live with our cars. We carry stuff. The difference between this and European cars can be seen in the trunks. Take two luxury cars -- say a Cadillac DeVille and an S-Class for comparison, and you will find that the DeVille's trunk is positively cavernous compared to the Mercedes'. The same occurs right down the lines of cars. We simply carry more. One automotive writer, Brock Yates, wrote that he used his to carry his 120 kilo English Mastiff and his growing Great Dane. He just isn't alone in that, even if the substitutes are camping gear, or soccer equipment, or something like that.

3. The biggest reason, though, for the lack of Suburbans/Escalades in Europe is that your entire system of cars and roads will not support them. The streets are often narrower, and so must be the cars. It is common in Europe to deal with this problem with folding mirrors. They are a luxury item here, to cite one example. European gasoline prices are multiples of ours. When I was in Germany two months ago, I noted that gasoline prices per liter were roughly comparable to the per gallon prices I saw here in California, and some parts of the US -- like Texas, where big pickups and SUV's are most common -- have much lower gasoline prices than we do here.

As to detailed specifications, try General Motors directly. I'll bet someone in public relations can obtain that for you if you don't tell them it is to mount an attack on their cars!

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I lived in Switzerland for 3 years and I was surprised how many Suburbans were in Switzerland, at the time gas was near $5.00 a gallon.

hcvone - how come you have so many cars !
    And they are not exactly the cheapest ones around too.

I like the pictures of the Escalade on your website, i will use them
    as reference material if you don't mind

P.s. when you buy a car - Cadillac Escalade for example, doesn't that include a booklet with the blueprints of the car ?? or is this not common ?

hcvone - how come you have so many cars !
    And they are not exactly the cheapest ones around too.

I like the pictures of the Escalade on your website, i will use them
    as reference material if you don't mind

P.s. when you buy a car - Cadillac Escalade for example, doesn't that include a booklet with the blueprints of the car ?? or is this not common ?

I have a lot of cars because I like cars, I was lucky in business and can afford a few nice cars. You of course are welcome to use any of the pixs on our web site, they are there to be enjoyed. If you're talking about the specs of a car these can be found in the back of the brochures you can get from your dealer, or just go to that cars web site and you can have one mailed to you, if you are looking for a Caddy go to http://www.cadillac.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    I have a lot of cars because I like cars, I was lucky in business and can afford a few nice cars. You of course are welcome to use any of the pixs on our web site, they are there to be enjoyed. If you're talking about the specs of a car these can be found in the back of the brochures you can get from your dealer, or just go to that cars web site and you can have one mailed to you, if you are looking for a Caddy go to http://www.cadillac.com/index.html
    Well... it sure shows that you were lucky in business

About the specs of the car, i would like to have a 'blueprint' of the front/side/top view of the car.
    And i don't think they will show that in a brochure, but maybe in a booklet when you buy the car itself.

I have mailed GM already but didn't get any reply back..... so i will wait for it.
    Other then that, i don't know where to find blueprints of a Cadillac Escalade 2003 or 2004.

On google, there are some car - blueprint sites, but all of them don't have any Escalade's

Well... it sure shows that you were lucky in business

About the specs of the car, i would like to have a 'blueprint' of the front/side/top view of the car.
    And i don't think they will show that in a brochure, but maybe in a booklet when you buy the car itself.

I have mailed GM already but didn't get any reply back..... so i will wait for it.
    Other then that, i don't know where to find blueprints of a Cadillac Escalade 2003 or 2004.

On google, there are some car - blueprint sites, but all of them don't have any Escalade's

I owned a large Tool and Die company some years ago, I will look at some of the engineering sites and see if any have autos specs and drawings, I do not remember any but I never really was looking for them, if I find anything I will post after Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    I owned a large Tool and Die company some years ago, I will look at some of the engineering sites and see if any have autos specs and drawings, I do not remember any but I never really was looking for them, if I find anything I will post after Thanksgiving

I would love to know how it turns out as i haven't got any reply from GM or the Cadillac importer here in Holland - i guess they are not so willing to help after all

I'm very eager to model this car in 3d - i'll even post some pictures here if you guys want to see what i make.. (if i get my hands on some blueprints that is)

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving !

Finally got a replly from GM Cadillac and because of policy reasons they are not allowed to send me any blueprints or data images of the car

So does anyone know any alternatives on how to 'get' those reference prints ?
    The only one i can think of is to mail the shops that sell those small carmodel built-packages from Revell or something.
    That is my last resort, i don't know where i could ask for it anywhere else.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.