Putco Vs. Trenz (billet Grille)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Putco Vs. Trenz (billet Grille) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Topic says it... Which is better quality... The Putco Liquid grille or the Trenz?...
    BlitzK is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Putco Vs. Trenz (billet Grille)

Topic says it... Which is better quality... The Putco Liquid grille or the Trenz?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe

Re: Putco Vs. Trenz (billet Grille)

I'm not sure about the grills on the Escalade but I know that Trenz makes some good quality grills. You can't go wrong with Trenz. You thinking about a brushed or polished billet grill?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have send 2 Trenz grills back (poor condition from shipping or packing) and I have sent 4 Putco grills back before finally getting one that had all the mounting screw attached (from what I read I was not the only one that this happened to) Having said that I was just not happy with the grillls from either of these companies, the fit was close, but not good enough for my liking. This is the best quality grill I have found to date, I purchased one and the quality is very good, but I am not installing it until after the winter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2440464230

I have a Putco grill insert #91115 that is new in the box, I took it out and looked at it, but it has never been mounted, make me an offer.

GumbyClayman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I recently purchased one of the E-Bay Grilles that hcvone spoke of ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2440464230 ) and am having it installed in an '04 Escalade that is being stretched 200 inches to become a limo. We'll be picking it up in Springfield, IL tomorrow morning (12-4-03) I'll take some pics of the car & grille & post them in the Photo Gallery.

I'm not installing the grille myself, the Coachbuilder is, so I won't be able to tell ya' how easy it was to install, but I'll try to give some idea of the quality of the grille.

Quote Originally Posted by GumbyClayman
    I recently purchased one of the E-Bay Grilles that hcvone spoke of ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2440464230 ) and am having it installed in an '04 Escalade that is being stretched 200 inches to become a limo. We'll be picking it up in Springfield, IL tomorrow morning (12-4-03) I'll take some pics of the car & grille & post them in the Photo Gallery.

I'm not installing the grille myself, the Coachbuilder is, so I won't be able to tell ya' how easy it was to install, but I'll try to give some idea of the quality of the grille.

The install is very easy with the brackets and wing nuts supplied, it takes no more than 15-20 minutes. You have to post some pixs of that stretched when complete

You can count on those pics. Should be in the gallery around this time tomorrow (Thurs) night. There are already a couple in there of the 14 passenger '02 we have now.

I can't wait to see that grille! If it's of the quality we hope it is, we'll put one on the '02 too!

You can COUNT on those pics! I already have a couple in the gallery of our '04 14 Escalade. New ones should be in there about this time tomorrow (Thurs) night.

Cool Re: Putco Vs. Trenz (billet Grille)

New Photos Are In The Escalade Photo Gallery.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.