News for the_cadillac_man
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, News for the_cadillac_man in Cadillac Escalade Forums; the cadillac man, Do you ever have an original thought, or do you always post non-informational one-liners for no advice ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

the cadillac man, Do you ever have an original thought, or do you always post non-informational one-liners for no advice ?? In reading back through a hundred or so of your past posts, you have offered exactly -0- ideas or repair info....... matter of fact, you "sound" like a parrot.

FWIW, the site has an infraction for useless spammers.

Why this picky post ??? Because several of your fellow forum members have reported your senseless posts to the Admin forums and I elected to give you a "heads-up" before throwing hand grenades your way. Fair enough ???
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Hello, the cadillac man - Your latest string of non-informational posts has earned you your own thread down in the open forum Lounge, courtesy of other CF members. You might want to look at it.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Look I have been going through a rough patch as I have a uncle in the hospital

On top of that my mom had a stroke back in November

Calling me a parrot is uncalled for really

Think before you flame someone as you never know what they are going through

So I have been super busy since November

John P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 6.0
    Without sounding heartless, What's your family's health got to do with it? If your family's ill, why reply to forums with useless info. Just don't reply? I really dont understand why your family's health has anything to do with your replies on an Internet forum.

I hope your Mum and Uncle are ok and recover soon.

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Re: News for the_cadillac_man

I don't want to get in the middle of anything here but I will post my opinion. Calling Cadillac man out for essentially posting to much seems kind of un-called for to me. I may be missing something here but I have read many many post from him that have been very helpful to many different people. The Cadillac Man is someone who loves being here on the forums and is someone you can always rely on replying if you may have a question or need help of some sort. Maybe some times they are pointless post, but he means well and is always willing to throw his opinion out there and help anyone in anyway possible. I am a member of many different forums and in some of them it may take weeks to get a reply to a simple question, sometimes never get a reply, and that can be very frustrating! Again, im not trying to get in the middle of anything and im not one that sits around and reads other people last 100 post to determine if they are useful or not but I know that he is one of the few people that are always around the escalade section on a daily basis....Maybe you had a bad day or maybe you just felt like stirring stuff up for no reason, but let me ask, what exactly was the point of posting this thread for a second time after you 'closed' it the first time on the community forum lounge, due to another member stating... "I see the potential for ugliness here!"....seems there could be alot better ways of going about it!

jnrsesv, Hunt Hearin, vicb and 2 others like this.

Gatorlac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 sls

I don't hang around here much but Cadillac man doesn't seem like a bad guy and I agree it could be addressed privately instead of out in the open.
    jnrsesv, Hunt Hearin and CTSCHICK like this.

Thanks guys
    The reason he done this is all because of someone got upset because I made a mistake and put speedometer instead of stepper motor

They even went an made a bash thread about me talk about rude

Skier-24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV, White Diamond Pearl

What? This thread is absurd. Even more absurd is this to have been started by a moderator.

I am sorry to hear you are going through difficult times.
    Also, I want to say I appreciate your help with questions and issues I have had in the past. Like many others, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Look I have been going through a rough patch as I have a uncle in the hospital

On top of that my mom had a stroke back in November

Calling me a parrot is uncalled for really

Think before you flame someone as you never know what they are going through

So I have been super busy since November
    jnrsesv likes this.

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

I believe that post #5 from Silent_Assassin sums it up correctly. He touches all the bases and I am not going to "parrot" him, other than I am here on a daily basis as well, sometimes more than 3~4 times throughout my day and for the most part I see The Cadillac Man trying to be as helpful as he can. I do read every post in this subdirectory. He has helped out on more than a few occasions saving me (and other members) hundreds if not thousands of dollars, isn't that what we are all here for?

The thing I will "parrot" is that I am a former mod at another vehicle site and I will say the way the Admin and Mod team have handled this situation is despicable. Not only to allow a member to call another good standing member out in a public forum (the lounge) but to have a Mod start another thread in a different sub forum to humiliate and degrade the same member, shame shame, this matter should have been handled privately through PM's.

I too, wish well for your family.

vicb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade, 2002 SL 500 Silver Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv View Post
    I believe that post #5 from Silent_Assassin sums it up correctly. He touches all the bases and I am not going to "parrot" him, other than I am here on a daily basis as well, sometimes more than 3~4 times throughout my day and for the most part I see The Cadillac Man trying to be as helpful as he can. I do read every post in this subdirectory. He has helped out on more than a few occasions saving me (and other members) hundreds if not thousands of dollars, isn't that what we are all here for?

The thing I will "parrot" is that I am a former mod at another vehicle site and I will say the way the Admin and Mod team have handled this situation is despicable. Not only to allow a member to call another good standing member out in a public forum (the lounge) but to have a Mod start another thread in a different sub forum to humiliate and degrade the same member, shame shame, this matter should have been handled privately through PM's.

I too, wish well for your family.

Totally agree with just about every comment. I think Submariner owes the Cadillac Man an apology.

michigansilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 EXT

I saw this post last night and I have to say there must be something behind this I can't believe a Mod post this unless they at the end of their rope since all other options have failed. Mods are here to keep the forum on track and Cadillac man I see you are trying to help and sorry about your family issues.

One of the things I read was the Forum Rules and Guideline, but I can't say that is the problem because I don't know. But I just can not see this as a new issue.

Good luck to you all.

Mark Edward Morrison is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I agree with you as well, THANKS for your help from time to time on my truck Cadillac Man! I wish your family members a speedy recovery! I have to admit I was like WOW when I read that thread last night before it was closed.

amtrucker22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade - 06 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Assasin View Post
    I don't want to get in the middle of anything here but I will post my opinion. Calling Cadillac man out for essentially posting to much seems kind of un-called for to me. I may be missing something here but I have read many many post from him that have been very helpful to many different people. The Cadillac Man is someone who loves being here on the forums and is someone you can always rely on replying if you may have a question or need help of some sort. Maybe some times they are pointless post, but he means well and is always willing to throw his opinion out there and help anyone in anyway possible. I am a member of many different forums and in some of them it may take weeks to get a reply to a simple question, sometimes never get a reply, and that can be very frustrating! Again, im not trying to get in the middle of anything and im not one that sits around and reads other people last 100 post to determine if they are useful or not but I know that he is one of the few people that are always around the escalade section on a daily basis....Maybe you had a bad day or maybe you just felt like stirring stuff up for no reason, but let me ask, what exactly was the point of posting this thread for a second time after you 'closed' it the first time on the community forum lounge, due to another member stating... "I see the potential for ugliness here!"....seems there could be alot better ways of going about it!

I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by John P
    It's not posting too much that's the problem. It's the vague useless answers 99% of the time! and judging by my inbox! many, many members agree. It's pointless drivel and then made ---- up about his family to cover it. Yet, his family aren't keeping well and he's more concerned about giving me abuse on private message. What a ----.
    Let's see when you post

My speedometers broken

You get a stupid response

I doubt you even bothered to use the search feature of the forum(which can you help find what you need) vs just blinding posting a new thread what did you expect a three page step by step on how to fix it?

Learn how to use the forum right and it will be more helpful to you

This can go to more if you want as it wasn't me who posted a question without even searching it was you john p(then made a trash thread in the lounge)

The members who said what they did about me is true and if you choose not to believe that then go find a deep hole to live in because anyone can talk trash about someone they never met online when they are miles(or in your case nations) away

I put with crap day in day out when I work on people's computers
    I don't need someone who thinks they are smarter then they are to give me more on a forum which I like to come on and help people who really does try to help themselves

So drop it or else I will get the admins on your case(if you think I won't just try your luck) as you have tried your best to run me the wrong way just because you think I am "parrot like"

Now quit hogging up the servers bandwidth and let other users enjoy it

John P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 6.0
    I did and do use the search function. But as time goes on, problems and potential fixes change, So creating my own thread may have had a different outcome. So according to you, every question can only be asked once? Ok then Captain America.

The point still remains that you reply with useless information, and vague solutions. Doesn't matter if I've met you or not, I'm basing my opinion on what you write here....which is useless info.

If the admins had an issue with anything I'm sure they would contact me, threats from you aren't making me lose sleep you scary man.
    I haven't been abusive, I've merely pointed out something I've noticed which many people agree on, one of them being a moderator.
    The fact is people are asking for help and are having to scroll last your nonsense to get to a helpful reply. There's plenty threads and as someone else has said, click your previous posts and you'll see for yourself.

Ironic your speaking of wasting bandwidth when your happy to reply with complete nonsense a lot of the time. Why not just...not reply. Seems pointless especially when you have poorly family. Apparently.

Have a nice day.

----------

P.s Get the admins on my case? Don't try me?
    Listen to yourself.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.