soft pop while driving
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, soft pop while driving in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Need help. I have started hearing a pop sound while driving on the freeway or down the street. Sounds like ...
    platinum2ed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade

soft pop while driving maybe a backfire

Need help. I have started hearing a pop sound while driving on the freeway or down the street. Sounds like a back fire but it seems to be coming from the front rather than the rear. Just had water pump replaced and brakes done. Not sure if a change of the plugs and wire would help. I took it to the shop and they said they would need to hear the noise to diagnose it and charge me $90. Any ideas? Cat, plugs, fuel mixture...I have no clue. Thanks guys. Escalade 2005 230,000 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

platinum2ed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade

Re: soft pop while driving

The popping kept getting more frequent. Then it started to shift funny until it got into 2nd gear. Had it towed to a shop and they said it is clearly the transmission. Getting it rebuilt but it has 230K on it so I guess things don't last forever.

----------

Price given was $2300 with all high end new parts inside. From what I have researched and found it sounds like a good price. Any thoughts?

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I hope mine don't do this when I hit that mileage(just passed 180,000)

Sounds right on the price for the rebuild

Proper fluid and filter changes will lead to a long tranny life

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.