Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!! - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I still haven't pulled the trigger. Its very cold here today, so I'm planning to pop in and see how ...
  1. #16
    dorelse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    I still haven't pulled the trigger. Its very cold here today, so I'm planning to pop in and see how it sounds starting from dead cold...transmission shifts, AWD working, all 4 heated seats, listen to the air ride, etc.

  2. #17
    dorelse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    Just got back from the test drive.

    Quiet as could be, runs & shifts great. All heated seats work, didn't hear the air ride compressor come on at all. All appears in order.

    Granted...its like 13 degrees here with a below zero windchill, so I admittedly didn't crawl under it yet to check for fluid leaks, etc.

    Planning to give it a second look tomorrow or Friday.

    I do have to say, that I was surprised that there wasn't more leg room in the second row...only disappointment of it.

  3. #18
    z0lt3c's Avatar
    z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    172

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    ....

  4. #19
    65kaiser is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Crystal Beach Florida
    Age
    57
    Posts
    47

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    I have to chime in regarding your views on Florida cars. I would much rather purchase a Florida owned car than one from Jersey( lived there for 30 years) the salt from the roads in winter outweighs any minimal effect the salt air down here has by a 100 fold. Just try and find an original Florida car that is rusted out! And as far as more apt to be involved in flooding I don't know where you got that information. When I lived in Jersey I would look for cars in Florida and bring them up to Jersey.
    jnrsesv likes this.

  5. #20
    altacarp's Avatar
    altacarp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS, 79 Eldo, 93 Sedan Deville, 2005 Escalade
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    95

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    Rust and general body paint and appearance. If it shines and looks pretty and didn't originate from a flood or nuclear disaster then pick apart all the mechanical things that are easy and fun to fix for most of us anyway and use that to point out to the seller and drive his price down. These are nice rides and they are worth fixing and driving if they are in good shape. Caddies are nice.

  6. #21
    dorelse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by altacarp View Post
    Rust and general body paint and appearance. If it shines and looks pretty and didn't originate from a flood or nuclear disaster then pick apart all the mechanical things that are easy and fun to fix for most of us anyway and use that to point out to the seller and drive his price down. These are nice rides and they are worth fixing and driving if they are in good shape. Caddies are nice.
    Honestly, its immaculate. We're attempting to work a deal, but that price has to come down.

  7. #22
    wake's Avatar
    wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Stafford, VA
    Posts
    538

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dorelse View Post
    Honestly, its immaculate. We're attempting to work a deal, but that price has to come down.
    I would hope so, I wouldn't touch it for more than $15K, almost $18K for one for one with over 100K miles? Don't ever fall in love with a vehicle that you aren't prepared to walk away from rather than walk away. I've seen too many with buyers remorse because they fell in love with a particular vehicle.

    I bought my 05 two years ago for $16K and 83K miles on it, fully loaded (not ESV or Platinum) and that was the edge of what I was going to pay. Dealers are taking these things in trade, giving the owners next to nothing for them and trying to make several thousand in profit from that vehicle. That doesn't work on me.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 65kaiser View Post
    I have to chime in regarding your views on Florida cars. I would much rather purchase a Florida owned car than one from Jersey( lived there for 30 years) the salt from the roads in winter outweighs any minimal effect the salt air down here has by a 100 fold. Just try and find an original Florida car that is rusted out! And as far as more apt to be involved in flooding I don't know where you got that information. When I lived in Jersey I would look for cars in Florida and bring them up to Jersey.
    Agreed. I lived on the coast in California for 15 years before moving to the D.C. area. My cars had very light discoloration on the engine aluminum from the salt air but I never had to cut off bolts or suspension pieces before buying D.C., NY, NJ lived cars. Everytime I get under the Escalade now I crawl under with cleaner/degreaser and a can of rustoleum to protect the frame and underbody from the elements here. My 07 STS started and lived most of its life in CA, it looks a lot better underneath than the 03 STS I had prior that lived its whole life on the east coast.

    I love the 4 seasons but hate the salt use and find I don't enjoy working under my cars nearly as much as I used to on the west coast.
    65kaiser likes this.

  8. #23
    SFX Group's Avatar
    SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV Platinum 2004 ::: BMW 750iL 2000
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Age
    41
    Posts
    390

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    My Air ride pump comes on a lot, however I have a message on the dash as well, I need to look at this when I don't stick the ground when I lay on it (-20oC at the moment (-4oF))

  9. #24
    dbbspider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 escalade ext
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    35

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    I wouldn't pay more than $15k for this one.

  10. #25
    dorelse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    Well, I'm still working on a deal for this one.

    We've driven it a couple of times now. I did find that it appears like the key lock? (Not sure) on the rear cargo door is missing something...like the center part of the chrome key 'button' was punched out? (Its right above the Cadillac emblem.)

    Not sure what that is...window opener perhaps?

    I agree with everyone's comments that the $18k asking price is crazy money.

    I think the water pump may be on its way out...possibly. (I smell antifreeze...so I need to spend some time crawling around under it, now that its not -8 out.)

  11. #26
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,423
    Quote Originally Posted by dorelse
    Well, I'm still working on a deal for this one. We've driven it a couple of times now. I did find that it appears like the key lock? (Not sure) on the rear cargo door is missing something...like the center part of the chrome key 'button' was punched out? (Its right above the Cadillac emblem.) Not sure what that is...window opener perhaps? I agree with everyone's comments that the $18k asking price is crazy money. I think the water pump may be on its way out...possibly. (I smell antifreeze...so I need to spend some time crawling around under it, now that its not -8 out.)

    The silver button that's missing is the hatch window release(would require the interior trim panel to be removed to get to it)

    The water pump would make some kind of whining noise or bearing noise if its failing

  12. #27
    dorelse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    The silver button that's missing is the hatch window release(would require the interior trim panel to be removed to get to it)

    The water pump would make some kind of whining noise or bearing noise if its failing
    Ok, makes sense. All my water pumps just started weeping out of the hole, never made a different noise, but I could smell the antifreeze.

  13. #28
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,423
    Quote Originally Posted by dorelse
    Ok, makes sense. All my water pumps just started weeping out of the hole, never made a different noise, but I could smell the antifreeze.
    That's what my dads h2 is doing as you can smell antifreeze(I think that's it) got to get a look at the water pump soon

  14. #29
    Silent_Assasin's Avatar
    Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    27
    Posts
    129

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dorelse View Post
    Thanks z0lt3c & 'the cadillac man', I'll take both of your advice. I can wrench to a degree on my own vehicles, but yes, some stuff I would have to pay for.

    Des Moines is a weird car market, they think their inventory is made of gold, and charge like it. Typically, I try to buy out of Dallas. I saved $4k on my last purchase by heading to Texas.

    Good call on the salt air. My Avy had quite of few of these same issues. I think I might just hold off for the time being. I'm breaking some of my own rules if I buy that one.

    Thanks!!
    Des Moines huh? lol I live in the Des Moines area as well! I know Big John's....thats kind of weird! ---I drove about 5-6 hours away to Delavan, WI to buy my '05 EXT (like new cond.) for not much more then that, with only 65K miles on it! If it was me I would hold off and try and find a better deal at a more reputable, larger dealership! jmho!

  15. #30
    dorelse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14

    Re: Opinions on used 2005 ESV Appreciated!!!

    But its so pretty!

    I'm not sold on it...the price is ridiculous, so I'm not optimistic that they'll come down to a price that's reasonable. I've always heard good things about them. I came from an Avalanche I loved, but we need the 3rd row & extra storage.

    I realize the miles aren't ideal, but its truly a very clean Southern vehicle. I'm keeping my options open...a couple of nice Yukon XL's, but I always liked the looks of this model.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting