Weird issue!!!Dashboard lights flickered/reset while driving!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Weird issue!!!Dashboard lights flickered/reset while driving!!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So this strange has happened about 2-3 times in past month. The first time I flashed my high highbeams at ...
    sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV

Weird issue!!!Dashboard lights flickered/reset while driving!!!

So this strange has happened about 2-3 times in past month. The first time I flashed my high highbeams at a car in front of
    me and my whole dash flickered on and off kind of when I first turn on the truck all the needles went down came back up, the radio turned off/on, headlights flickered all this while I was on the highway going about 40-50mph then it went normal but I tried flickering my high beams again and couldnt get it to re occur.

Today again coming out the gas station it was already dark out pulling out all of a sudden they all reset again with no headlights on, no dashboard lights, no radio but Im still driving while its going on then like a few seconds eveything came back up again. I pulled over to start to turn off car and turn it on again, put my high beams on to see if anything but no luck.....

Has anyone ever expeirence something like this ? or what can it be??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Sounds like a bad ground

Check the battery cables to see if they are loose(if loose tighten them)

topmillwright is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade
    Maybe try not flashing your high beams at people.

Quote Originally Posted by topmillwright
    Maybe try not flashing your high beams at people.
    If someone had they're high beams on wouldn't you flash your to let them know they left they're on??!?

That's what the flash to pass feature is used for mostly at night

topmillwright is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade
    The poster said flashed them at a "car in front of me" which makes me think they just wanted them out of their way.

Quote Originally Posted by topmillwright
    The poster said flashed them at a "car in front of me" which makes me think they just wanted them out of their way.
    I also had to use the flash to pass for that too so my theory still stands that its a loose ground somewhere in the truck

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

Re: Weird issue!!!Dashboard lights flickered/reset while driving!!!

i agree with the caddillac man an def bad ground . check all grounds on engine harness. also remember theres a ground thats under all the engine plastic near the rear of the engine that can cause this to. but easiest first maake sure battery terminals are tight. cant tell u how many times mine has came loose causing all sorts of head ache

Quote Originally Posted by bigirb2002
    i agree with the caddillac man an def bad ground . check all grounds on engine harness. also remember theres a ground thats under all the engine plastic near the rear of the engine that can cause this to. but easiest first maake sure battery terminals are tight. cant tell u how many times mine has came loose causing all sorts of head ache
    I know how you feel there sheesh

Mine got loose once and caused the dash to go dead even though the headlights and interior lights worked it also wouldn't let the truck start

sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV

thanks alot for your input i'll look into it..

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    I know how you feel there sheesh

Mine got loose once and caused the dash to go dead even though the headlights and interior lights worked it also wouldn't let the truck start

79wolf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV Platinum

I've had similar issues and I have a theory that I would like others input on:

Mine has done this quite a few times and from what I can tell there is a heavy electrical draw on the system at the time (heated seats, lights, stereo, and then raise or lower a window; most recently was when the traction control kicked on while taking off from a dead stop on snow), but not every time a draw occurs. I've been told the regulators in these alternators are weak and I'm wondering if mine is going out again, causing the voltage to drop and all electrical devices suffer or shut off. I know it's the same as the loose ground, but I've already gone that route with no luck. Anyone have any thoughts?

Its possible but still rarely heard of

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.