Baer Big Brake Kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Baer Big Brake Kit in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey Forum, been trolling the forum for info for a few weeks but have a question concerning Baer brake kit. ...
    05RedExt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ext 2005

Baer Big Brake Kit

Hey Forum, been trolling the forum for info for a few weeks but have a question concerning Baer brake kit. I have an '05 Ext with 44K miles (original pads/rotors- purchased from Dealer with 25K back in '07). Looked at Wilwood/Brembo but too expensive for my pockets right now. Looking at replacing the fronts (rears later) as I do have 22" rims and the added weight has an effect on braking. My question is: I have 22 x 9.5 wheels on but am unsure what offset/backspace I have to determine if the Baer AlumaSports will fit. I have either +15(4.75 backspace) or +30(5.57 backspace). Lost my receipt as the rims were purchased 5+ yrs ago). Anyone with thoughts on the Baer's themselves and if they will fit? Do you recommend changing the brake lines at the same time?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

Re: Baer Big Brake Kit

I don't see the point on spending the money for Baer's when you can upgrade to the NNBS (07+) front brake rotors and PPV calipers, they are straight bolt-on and also +1 sized, like the Bears. Here is a good link which details the upgrade; http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/...pic=28846&st=0

JamieD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

That caliper upgrade definitely sounds interesting. A couple of years ago, I bought new rotors and pads for my Mercury Marauder from an eBay store called Callahan Brakes (like Tommy Boy), and they were cross-drilled and slotted rotors for a great price. They were professionally packaged and cost me $300 including $100 shipping (FedEx to Canada). They showed up in two days.

That said, my braking power was noticeably improved and I never got the warped rotor feeling I would get after a year on them. I will definitely buy that brand again when I have to do my Escalade. But I will also look at doing this upgrade too. "Seatbelt check!!!"

05RedExt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ext 2005

Thanks z0lt3c for your input.
    I looked around online and read numerous pages of comments on other vehicle forums...ultimately, the theory is installing 2007+ Escalade brakes (GMT 900) according to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_GMT_platform (Now they coming out with GMT K2XX to replace GMT 900)

From the site:The GMT 900 debuted at the 2006 North American International Auto Show, as the next generation C/K full-size pickups and SUVs, and replacements for the GMT 800s. The first GMT 900 vehicle was the Chevrolet Tahoe, which arrived at dealers in January 2006. The GMC Yukon (regular and Denali) and Cadillac Escalade soon followed. Chevrolet Avalanches and Suburbans, GMC Yukon XLs, and Cadillac Escalade ESV and EXT were at dealers July 2006.

Has anyone actually done this with positive (or negative/no difference) results? Not looking to waste money on overpriced products if I can get the same output cheaper but I am willing to put a few extra dollars in for "excellent" stopping power.

Anyone want to chime in with their results with any other brake brands?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.