Help Gas consumption
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Help Gas consumption in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, How much you consume of gas? I consume on average 27l /100kms ( 5.94 gal / 62 miles) I ...
    mgc59 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac escalade 2000 motors 5.7vortec

Angry Help Gas consumption

Hi,

How much you consume of gas?
    I consume on average 27l /100kms ( 5.94 gal / 62 miles)
    I find the consumption excessive
    The maintenance is ok
    My Cadillac escallade 2000 vortec 5.7l

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

delliot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

Re: Help Gas consumption

I don't have stats like the ones you quote, but I get about 11-12 miles per gallon of mixed driving... Which is a little better than your 10mpg... and I have the 6.0 awd...

CT's_Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

That does seem excessive even for these trucks. I have a 2000 with slightly bigger tires than stock and use my truck for city riding and I average very close to 12mpg compared to your 10. To give you an idea I usually average a tank of gas every 2 weeks which is a lot of short trips. My maintenance is good, but I could probably use an alignment. I also drive pretty mellow though.

Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT

My window sticker lists 12 mpg city and 16 mpg highway. An older vehicle with a lot of miles will probably get less. Sorry to say but these vehicles were not designed for fuel economy. If you are looking for good fuel mileage you should consider an economy car.

delliot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

Ha, we all know they are not economy trucks but we can still try to get the best mileage out of them...
    mgc59 likes this.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I average 12-13.5 in the winter due to idling the engine to warm it up(lately the truck has been grouching at me due to the oil being so cold its causing the pressure to be low)

If you want better mileage get a smaller car as these trucks are luxury vehicles

What brand of fuel are you using I have noticed I get better mileage depending on the brand of fuel I use

beanbag77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I get 11.5 mpg...I figure it out each time I fill up. I use premium gas, I'm mostly in stop and go traffic, plus with the remote start it idles 10 minutes before I get in it, and I enjoy driving fast!

Quote Originally Posted by beanbag77
    I get 11.5 mpg...I figure it out each time I fill up. I use premium gas, I'm mostly in stop and go traffic, plus with the remote start it idles 10 minutes before I get in it, and I enjoy driving fast!
    Having a heavy foot doesn't help(I am like that at times)

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

You guys are making me feel better, I am averaging about 13.5 mpg in a mix of city and highway driving. I thought that was pretty bad but compared to these other posts, maybe it's pretty good.

Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT

I average about 13 mixed also. The awd on these trucks make them gas hogs compared to a 4wd on demand Silverado. Unfortunately it is the nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrax
    I average about 13 mixed also. The awd on these trucks make them gas hogs compared to a 4wd on demand Silverado. Unfortunately it is the nature of the beast.
    True but you still have the same amount of hardware to move(same amount of mass)

Plus the silverado has a smaller engine stock vs the escalade

Don't forget the extra seating(three rows vs two)

Tylus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

jeez...how hard do you guys drive these things?

I've seen 13-14 mpg with almost 100% city driving since we bought it. Pretty happy with that actually considering the HP/TQ levels of the 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylus
    jeez...how hard do you guys drive these things? I've seen 13-14 mpg with almost 100% city driving since we bought it. Pretty happy with that actually considering the HP/TQ levels of the 6.0.
    If it weren't for me living on a mountainous back road I would normally average 15-16 mpg

But I have had mine up to 110 before and that was due to a emergency (not sure what my mileage was)

Normally I baby my truck but not if I have I have a emergency

My 79 Chrysler cordoba gets worser fuel mileage then my truck(yet both calls for premium)

FYI the speed limiter kicks in at 110 with the tranny in 3rd gear if the limiter was removed I would have buried the needle and would have doing well over 110 so these trucks can haul when asked for just you get a LOT of wind noise

axe
    axe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Seville STS, 94 Fleetwood Brougham, 02 Escalade

With the 6.0 and AWD I get 16 MPG mixed(80% highway), highway 18 MPG. If I keep it below 65 MPH I can get 19.5, but probably not in the winter.

I have a Black Bear tune and an e-fan conversion which helps. These tucks are very sensitive to speed, you can't go too slow nor too fast or your mileage will suffer greatly. I enjoy driving it so I go slower than I would in many other vehicles.

I don't think they are that bad considering what they are, I had a Grand Cherokee with the 5.2L and the same gearing and it performed worse even being a much smaller and lighter unibody truck with ~100 HP less. The old chrysler 5.2 is probably a bad example but still shows how much nicer the Gen III SBC's really are.

Quote Originally Posted by axe
    With the 6.0 and AWD I get 16 MPG mixed(80% highway), highway 18 MPG. If I keep it below 65 MPH I can get 19.5, but probably not in the winter. I have a Black Bear tune and an e-fan conversion which helps. These tucks are very sensitive to speed, you can't go too slow nor too fast or your mileage will suffer greatly. I enjoy driving it so I go slower than I would in many other vehicles. I don't think they are that bad considering what they are, I had a Grand Cherokee with the 5.2L and the same gearing and it performed worse even being a much smaller and lighter unibody truck with ~100 HP less. The old chrysler 5.2 is probably a bad example but still shows how much nicer the Gen III SBC's really are.
    Don't knock the Chrysler 5.2 my cordoba has that engine but still gets crap mileage and requires premium fuel for best performance

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.