Crashy susupension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Crashy susupension in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I've noticed recently my suspension becoming more and more crashy. Going over small bumps or broken Tarmac bangs through the ...
    John P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 6.0

Crashy susupension

I've noticed recently my suspension becoming more and more crashy. Going over small bumps or broken Tarmac bangs through the full truck. And driving if to hits a dip it's not very stiff, it rocks side to side like a boat.
    There is no service message and the compressor is new.
    It's just too bouncy but when it hits a bump it's like there is no suspension.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Sounds like the suspension system is in passive mode

If not getting any codes then I would suspect bad shocks

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Re: Crashy susupension

Mine is doing that as well. Shocks have been ruled out as I put newer ones on and still suffer the same issue.

This spring I plan on rebuilding the entire suspension. I've been under her a few times and it looks like the bushings have had it, I'm thinking the bad drivability in my case is from the suspension shifting due to worn rubber. I've also questioned the torsion bars on mine as even with new shocks it feels too spongy. I have 90K miles on my truck, what I consider being end of life for suspension components based on previous experience with my GMs over the years.

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

Re: Crashy susupension

I had the harness fail connecting into my SCM (suspension computer). It results in the auto-ride system disengaging w/o an error code to indicate the failure. The truck drove like all 4 shocks were blown, I spent a ton of money chasing shocks, sensors and the compressor when really the harness connector just needed to be cut off and reconnected back to the harness. Without going to the dealer, where the Tech 2 tool was unable to communicate with the SCM, I was just not able to diagnose this by myself. My advise, spent the $1xx and have the dealer do the diagnosis, then come back here and figure out the cheapest solution.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.