service stability
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, service stability in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello all...I'm new to this place.. I have a 2006 Escalade ESV...I took it in to Taylor cadillac. ..told the ...
    BigKeg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade ESV

service stability

Hello all...I'm new to this place..

I have a 2006 Escalade ESV...I took it in to Taylor cadillac. ..told the when them sometimes when I turn left ...my abs and traction control light comes on and it says service stability. ..they take it in...tell me its the left speed sensor so I had them replace it...at the moment I can't tell you how much that buy it self cost..paper work is back in the truck..in all I had $1,500 of work done to the truck...so anyway...I pick the truck up..drove home..almost home last left turn to make before drive way..and my dash lights up again same stuff....take it back...now the tell me its a steering wheel position sensor and its almost $500 to fix...I then ask if thats the problem, then isn't my left speed sensor fine ??? I'm waiting to hear from them..but for a loner they did give me a nice 2014 SLR ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

Re: service stability

They are probably diagnosing the sensors based on error codes and then testing the sensors to confirm root cause. I would make sure any sensor they replace has bench tested bad before agreeing to replacement. If you can share the error codes here, we can provide more feedback on their diagnosis. As for the cost of repairs, you are getting it serviced ad the Caddy dealer !! Dealer prices are at least 2x-3x what you can find elsewhere, why do you thin they can give you a 2014 SLR I would try to get a recommendation for a local indy mechanic, it will definitely help keep repair costs more reasonable. $1500 is way to much for just a speed sensor so there must have been more included you are not listing.

BigKeg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade ESV

Thanks for the response. ..
    I did mention in my post that I can't say what I paid cor the left speed sensor because I had $1,500 worth of work...in all ..I had the sensor replaced, the lift gate would not open so they had to pull the door apart and replace the latch on the inside, on the top of the Escalade the molding thats where the top and siide meet up was replaced, and oil change. .with out the paper work I don't know how much each was...a little about me..this is my first car this new...before this I had a 99 blazer...I do alot of my one work..I have a 87 Irocz28 in my small garage...I live In Toledo Ohio ..and we just got a bunch of snow..so no outside work...and I work 60 plus hours a week making jeep wranglers. ..I was off for 2 weeks and thought I would just have the dealership do and get it done....

My main concern is not the money...its the fact they told me...that the problem was a left speed sensor...so I paid for it ...and now I still have the same problem. ..now they tell me its a steering wheel position sensor...and want me to pay for that...I know from working with OBD 1..if the check engine light comes on...I can put a paper clip in it and get the check engine light to flash a code...and it will flash all the codes that the computer thinks is wrong.....so when the tec pluged his scanner into the escalade wouldn't it read both codes...if both things was wrong with it....

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

It really all depends on what your codes were/are, you probably had 2 or 3 or more. The service stability message is known to occur with a bad steering sensor and ABS/traction control could be a bad speed sensor. It's possible they addressed the speed sensor first, knowing it would clear the ABS and traction lights, and then just reset the service stability messages, hoping it would not come back. I am not saying they shouldn't have been able to diagnose both sensors the first time, I am just saying the story sounds plausible, although it would definitely lead me to question the quality of work I am receiving from that dealership, considering the cost. I cannot see how replacing a ABS speed sensor in the wheel would have ever addressed the service stability messages, since these systems are not related. However, some of these symptoms are characteristic of a bad battery. It would seem odd to me that a issue w/ the steering wheel sensor would come and go...

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Before you throw any more money into this check and clean the battery cables when you put them back on make sure they are real snug and won't move

These trucks can do some really crazy stuff if the battery is bad or the cables are loose

My dad had to replace the battery in his hummer h2 lately and the day before I take it to the dealer the air shock compressor would no more then get the shocks filled it would drain them (really crazy) the drivers info center would go through the menus and meters by its self(still does that so I am thinking the cluster is failing)

My point is bad battery or connections can cause these trucks to do some really weird stuff(aside from not starting)

lifted02escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade, Seville

Had the same problem in my 02 escalade. Have the dealership test the electronic suspension control module. It is located on the passenger side rear of the car right next to the rear heater motor. i would expect a pretty expensive repair bill if that module is bad and shorting out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.