GMOS-04 harness questions..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, GMOS-04 harness questions.. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So I finally got all the pieces for my radio install.. Was going over my wiring plan to get ready ...
    TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

GMOS-04 harness questions..

So I finally got all the pieces for my radio install.. Was going over my wiring plan to get ready to start soldering things tomorrow when I do the install.. Anyway.. Just wondering if some guys that did the work themselves can answer some questions on this module..

First off.. The 16 pin harness that connects the gmos-04 unit to the aftermarket radio.. That is the gmos-04 harness that you solder the wires to those that come out of the back of the aftermarket radio.. After reading the instructions I found that they list the connections of 15 wires.. However there is a 16 wire on the harness from the GMOS-04 unit.. After lookign further I found that there are two red acc. wires.. Now My thinking is that I could either just connect the 2 from the gmos harness and the 1 from the radio together and be done with it.. The instructions say to connect the red acc wire from the radio to the red wire of the gmos-04 harness.. again when looking at the 16 pin gmos harness they have 2 red wires.. So its either connect them all or they are just giving you an accessory wire to use for another item later down the rode..

Second.. On the 24 pin harness from the gmos-04 unit that resembles the factory connector they only list that I need to connect a yellow wire and a black wire.. However they also have an orange wire and a orange/white wire that are not connected to anything.. There is no instructions on what these wires should be connected to.. At first I thought since they were long perhaps they should run to the aftermarket radio but again there are no extra wires.. There are already orange and orange/white wires in the 16pin gmos-04 harness to connect to the aftermarket radio.. So not sure what to do with these..

Appreciate any input on these problems I have run into.. I thought about taking it to get installed but I have ripped apart my truck so many times that I really feel this should be simple.. I just find it odd that a company would not even mention any of these "extra" wires... Again.. Thanks for any input and hope everyone has a happy new year..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Not sure on the two red wires but the orange wires are for the dash lights

greensmacker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 ESCALADE

Re: GMOS-04 harness questions..

get the PAC plug trust me its a better product no issues

Mike42p is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade ESV
    Quote Originally Posted by greensmacker
    get the PAC plug trust me its a better product no issues
    Which PAC product would I need for full integration of everything in my 06 esv with a kenwood dnx9990hd? I want to keep all factory steering wheel etc as well as ipod. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike42p View Post
    Which PAC product would I need for full integration of everything in my 06 esv with a kenwood dnx9990hd? I want to keep all factory steering wheel etc as well as ipod. Thanks.
    I think its the same one I have for my 03 . Its two plugs . Ill check

----------

its the OS-2bose or OS-2 plug . I'm not sure about the steering wheel plug but I think its only one for your Escalade

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    The steering wheel controls work off the class-2 data bus and should be decoded by the interface

Mike42p is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade ESV
    Whew!! I hate to sound like an idiot but are those two separate items? One for the steering wheel and one for the radio?

Whew!! I hate to sound like an idiot but are those two separate items? One for the steering wheel and one for the radio?
    yes 2 plugs ive seen them any were from $150 to $200 for both plugs .

Ami=Hud is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ami=Hud
    Help Please:I have an Escalade EXT 2002, and I like to change the Bose radio that I have with AM/FM/GPS/AUX/USB system What kind do I need to buy?
    thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.