Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, cadillac help! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I posted for the first time earlier this week, and I've been reading through the forums in reference to some ...
- 12-31-13 06:39 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Escalade
- Join Date
- Dec 2013
I posted for the first time earlier this week, and I've been reading through the forums in reference to some of my questions but I'm looking for some clarification just to make sure I'm going to approach these correctly. (thanks for the response in advance)
my fiance and i just purchased a 2000 cadillac Escalade
1) the gauges arent working properly (fluctuating at low RPM, seeming to give inaccurate readings,and they bounce/wiggle when driving): looks like i need to replace the gauge cluster itself? is there a doc on how to rip apart the dash to replace this? or should i reference a manual? id prefer to learn about it myself instead of going to a mechanic.
2) the 00 cadillac i bought does not have a head unit. i found the factory bose amp, but for convenience, its covered in a metal sheet, that is seemingly impossible to remove to get to the amp. i tried installing an aftermarket head unit, and the head unit turns on accordingly, but no sound comes out. I have to purchase an aftermarket item to install a new head unit or run the wires/new amp myself correct?
I have more, but I can't think of them, I'm doing server side work, and trying to turn my brain off as much as possible to drone through the scripts.
oh, also in reference to the stereo, i'm guessing it has to do with aftermarket heads being powered, causing the amp to fry out, and that is why you need the adapter. if that is the case, can you use the wiring harness and wiring diagram to completely bypass the amp, and run wires straight to the speakers from the powered head?
- 12-31-13 07:17 PM #2
I would try a Bose interface and see if the Bose amp still works
If not just bypass it and install a aftermarket setup
- 12-31-13 07:53 PM #3
Re: cadillac help!
herein lies the dilemma. i own all the parts to do an aftermarket setup (amplifier, head unit, about 10 rolls of speaker wire and power wire of all gauges etc)
but i do not have the interface. what to do what to do.
- 12-31-13 08:15 PM #4
Bypass the factory amp, its gonna be a waste if u get the interface to find out the amp is no good, you appear to have all the materials
- 12-31-13 08:40 PM #5
Then forget the stock amp all together and do a full aftermarket setup you will be happy and not need those pricy interfaces
You will lose the chimes but the audio quality will improve
- 12-31-13 09:09 PM #6
Re: cadillac help!
thats what i figured. what about the gauge display (gas level and oil temp) fluctuation? should i replace the full gauge interface in reference to that? or is there a cheaper alternative
- 12-31-13 11:24 PM #7Originally Posted by jbarnes02
Check your ground cable at the battery as it can cause stuff to do some crazy stuff