2004 Escalade EXT HVAC problems.... Wife is driving me nuts...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2004 Escalade EXT HVAC problems.... Wife is driving me nuts... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok so i post a question to the members... I have a 2004 EXT and my aftermarket warranty just ran ...
    zapconj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT and a 2007 STS4

Unhappy 2004 Escalade EXT HVAC problems.... Wife is driving me nuts...

Ok so i post a question to the members... I have a 2004 EXT and my aftermarket warranty just ran out last month and wouldn't you know it, the problems start!

The other day while driving up to NY i had the heater on and everything was normal. After a while my wife tells me that the truck is blowing COLD air on her side... (well it was more along the lines of... like WTF is the Air on for?). I quickly checked the temp on the HVAC controls. both driver and passenger were set to 77* The truck temp on the dash was pegged at half way (normal). After dialing up the temp on her side the heat started blowing FULL BLAST at a very high temp. and the driver side started blowing COLD air. The rear temp blows whatever the driver side blows.

After dialing up my side both sides started blowing HOT air and after a few more minutes the truck was blowing cool air then cold on her side.

I did notice that when i kept an average speed of 65-70mph i would get "normal" temps blowing from the vents. if i fluctuated up or down in speed/RPMs i wold get cold or hot. It's either Jamaica HOT or Arctic COLD. and then the wife get's squeak in the back left door panel on a 17 hour drive annoying.....

When the truck is at idol the HVAC performs normal.

This problem is present at all vent settings (top vents, floor vents, Defroster and any combo of the lot), the problem is also present at any fan speed high low or anywhere in between. The AC was checked over the summer and everything was working just fine, the AC was also working just fine when we were in FL last week.

I did a search on similar problems but i didnt find anything that had the same back and forth and intermittent performance like mine. Any thoughts on what my be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

Re: 2004 Escalade EXT HVAC problems.... Wife is driving me nuts...

I would start by examining the blend door actuator and the interior aspirators. It's usually one or the other.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Call me crazy but when was the last time you checked the anti freeze level

The hvac system is really sensitive to this but if not I will try and help more if needed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.