Changed my plugs last night!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Changed my plugs last night! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I've had a slight stumble/miss when in gear and stopped. Slightly annoying, but no CEL's. So I grabbed some NGK ...
    Tylus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Changed my plugs last night!

I've had a slight stumble/miss when in gear and stopped. Slightly annoying, but no CEL's. So I grabbed some NGK plugs and went at her!

Stupid rubber boots have been sealed on there, and I'm sure those were the factory plugs @ 66,000 miles. Took me over 2hrs to do the swap, man that was a bear to find access to #7 and #8 cylinders. I thought my Ford Modular motors were bad for access...wow

Anyways, buttery smooth idle now while in gear and stopped. Hopefully see a little MPG gain as well, but I doubt it

Drivers Side

Passenger Side

btw, just wanted to throw out there that there is no way in hell those are 100,000 mile plugs. I checked their gaps and it was on average 0.080. Those are platinum tip plugs and they are supposed to be 0.060 gap from factory. I put the new plugs in with a gap of 0.040 per the TSB since my new plugs were iridium tips.

----------

I've never believed that 100,000 mile crap that Ford/Dodge/GM have gone to, and this illustrates it perfectly to me. I typically do a 2yr or 30,000 mile swap personally. Plugs are cheap, I think I paid $32 for a set of 8 "middle of the road" plugs for the 6.0.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I changed mine at 120,000 and I agree it did make a difference in the idle and power of the engine

Johnny fox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade esv
    I changed mine here recently my budy was a mechanic at a gm dealership and said those are the original plugs they have a little over a 120,000 on them don't get me wrong they were at .060 thousandth's with the tip burnt completely off and the new ones are .040 thousandth's it ran good still I just wanted to check everything someone else neglected and my milage seemd low that was my last resort I can't believe it still ran on those plugs I never believed the 100,000 mile plugs either but I'm a believer now but I'm sure where you live and the type of fuel you get all makes a difference

Johnny fox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade esv
    And I wish I can remember what he was telling me about ac Delco but it was something like there's actually 2 ac delcos the ones you buy at advance, auto zone or wherever aren't the real deal the tips and the white part around it are made from a different type of material either way the real deal delcos are way more expensive than anything you'll buy at a part store

SugsPa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2008 STS-V

Re: Changed my plugs last night!

I have 137K on my 06 on the original plugs. I know they've never been changed because I bought it new in June 06. I've been thinking about changing them but it still runs great. I have a set AC/Delco that I bought at Advance Auto, but now Johnny fox got me wondering if they are good set of plugs or a cheap imitation.

SugsPa

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.