A lot of questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, A lot of questions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello everyone! my fiance and i just purchased a used 2000 cadillac escalade, and we're trying to resolve some of ...
    jbarnes02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Escalade

A lot of questions

Hello everyone! my fiance and i just purchased a used 2000 cadillac escalade, and we're trying to resolve some of the issues it has (which isnt many)

It is the 5.7l v8 motor auto transmission, bose sound and 6 disc in center console.

Now here are my questions (and ive read up but only found one, not the other in reference to problems)

The gas gauge, and the Oil gauge fluctuate dramatically at low RPMs. I read on here that it would be the fuel pump, however with the Oil gauge doing it too, im starting to consider maybe the instrument cluster? What should be done to remedy this?

Also, the Esc came without a head unit (it was removed)

Upon installing a new head unit (i bought the connector from a local audio store) it will not shut off with the ignition although it is wired red to red yellow to yellow in reference to the connectors.

Another problem is: it is not playing any sound. while i didnt get to look to far into this, ive read that it may be because the amp? I noticed that it looks like the previous owners (i bought it from a dealership) had an aftermarket sound system in the vehicle, because a red and ground wire are ran to the back seats. I havent worked on any sound systems in car audio for over 8 years, so what steps should i take to troubleshoot these issues im having?

also, there is another connector, looks like maybe a 12 pin narrow connector where the head unit would go, and the standard bose system one.
    I'm really confused with this. Any support in reference to my questions would be greatly appreciated!! I think all in all, the engine being strong and the mechanical aspects working well, paying 2k for 120k miles on it was quite a deal (they were asking 3, got them down to 2 because the sound system wasnt active)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Sounds like you need a Bose interface and depending if the truck has it a onstar interface

That is why the radio doesn't work like it should

Welcome to the forum I know you will enjoy it here

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.