Led map light issue - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Led map light issue in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Mark Edward Morrison That's what I have in my interior of mine. The 6000K just kind of ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Edward Morrison
    That's what I have in my interior of mine. The 6000K just kind of give it a newer look in my opinion.
    I agree with you on the look I just ordered enough to change over all three trucks
    Mine my dads h2 and my moms 02

Now I need to get a resistor to create a false load on the circuit for the map lights and visor lights

I ordered most of the LEDs from amazon in the same color

Now to chose LEDs or hids for the back up lights(tired of the yellow look)

Also have to replace the puddle light bulb(going to get it when I do the exterior lights)

I was thinking of getting these for the front blinkers

http://www.vleds.com/v3-aa.html

As I can get the led peanut bulbs for the side marker lights in the front then the conversion will be complete that is after I get the resistior to create the false load to trick the light out feature on the bcm(it sucks)

Mark Edward Morrison is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I just don't understand why you have to use resisters on your truck? I have all LED's and mine work perfectly fine? Just wonder why you would have use them and I didn't on my 04? I hope you get it working perfectly!

I just don't understand why you have to use resisters on your truck? I have all LED's and mine work perfectly fine? Just wonder why you would have use them and I didn't on my 04? I hope you get it working perfectly!
    No clue as to why
    it even baffled the service manager at my dealer

I wonder if I got some defective bulbs as I got 6 for all three trucks and the 02 is the only one that doesn't do this mine and my dads does so when I can I am going to try the ones in the 02 in mine to see what it does

This has me stumped

JDPotter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): JDPotter

Re: Led map light issue

My map lights will be bright when door is open.Once door is closed and lights dim,I can turn either map light on and they will be very dim/

Quote Originally Posted by JDPotter
    My map lights will be bright when door is open.Once door is closed and lights dim,I can turn either map light on and they will be very dim/
    Mine do that unless I open one of the visor mirrors then the map lights are normal brightness till the next time I am in the truck

Going to get a load equalizer resister and patch in line before it branches out and see if that fixes the problem

----------

For those who are wondering I got the 80watt Cree LEDs for my back up lights hopefully they will be nice and bright

Update here is a list of resistors needed for each bulb type and the rating for each size bulb

Given the map lights and visor lights run off the same curcuit I think putting one on the main curcuit will fix the bulb out issue any of us are having

- .6 Ohm 5W resistors are ideal for use with 194 / T10 / BA9S LED Bulbs
    - 1 Ohm 10W resistors are ideal for use with Festoon LEDs
    - 25 Ohm 25W resistors are ideal for use with signal and brake LEDs
    - 6 Ohm 30W resistors are ideal for use with signal and brake LEDs
    - 6 Ohm 50W resistors are ideal for use with signal and brake LEDs (typically work the best out of the 3 available for signals and brake lights)

This list is off the ddm tuning site so i just wanted to pass it on for us led convertors who are having issues

Going to find the main power feed for the lights soon along with a ground

Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT

Re: Led map light issue

Mark,

What specific bulb are you using in your swivel map lights? I am using a vled 6 k bulb (I will have to pull the lens to see which model bulb). I am wondering if my choice of map light bulb is exacerbating my dim condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrax
    Mark, What specific bulb are you using in your swivel map lights? I am using a vled 6 k bulb (I will have to pull the lens to see which model bulb). I am wondering if my choice of map light bulb is exacerbating my dim condition.
    It's not your bulb as I have slyvania osram LEDs same issue

I do have some other LEDs on order just waiting for them to ship out that have a resister built in if they work I will post the link

If not then a trip to the local radio shack will be in order

Retrax, I am using all 6000K LED's from a company called fyreflys out of Houston, Tx (I am in OKC) and mine are fine. I have had them in for close to a year and no problems and I am not using any resistors? I am using a TRIDON LCM lighting control module, which I just thought of all the sudden. I don't use resisters and I don't have resistors for my blinkers or any of my other exterior lights due to the TRIDON LCM I installed. It might be why I am not having troubles with my interior lights? I HIGHLY recommend a TRIDON LCM, I hate hacking up lines using resistors and such. Don't take my word for it though do some research on the TRIDON LCM, I am glad I installed one in my truck, I don't have any problems with my LED's, inside or outside my truck. Good Luck!!

Retrax, I am using all 6000K LED's from a company called fyreflys out of Houston, Tx (I am in OKC) and mine are fine. I have had them in for close to a year and no problems and I am not using any resistors? I am using a TRIDON LCM lighting control module, which I just thought of all the sudden. I don't use resisters and I don't have resistors for my blinkers or any of my other exterior lights due to the TRIDON LCM I installed. It might be why I am not having troubles with my interior lights? I HIGHLY recommend a TRIDON LCM, I hate hacking up lines using resistors and such. Don't take my word for it though do some research on the TRIDON LCM I am glad I installed one in my truck, I don't have any problems with my LED's, inside or outside my truck. Good Luck!!
    You've peaked my interest please provide a link as I need two for both mine and my dads truck

If I can keep from hacking or splicing my wiring and have LEDs I will be on clouds nine as what's the point of going with led when you still need a regular bulb or a load resistor in the circuit

Will it work with the blinkers also????

----------

Found it but I still need to know will I still have issues with my map and reading lights??

I have been wanting this to finish my led conversion and I am happy to find out I don't need to splice in load equalizers for my blinkers

Cadillac Man, it works with my LED blinkers. I came across the Tridon LCM doing some research and bought it. If I recall it's a heavy duty LCM that LED's don't seem to affect it like a regular LCM. I am not really sure if that's why my interior lights aren't missing up but it is the one thing I have different than you? I think I got it at RockAuto or Amazon if I recall. Here is some more info, I know I didn't pay his amount for it though:

$73.38
    Tridon/Hazard Warning Flasher
    [LM487]

Features & Benefits

The Tridon® LM487 is an electronic lighting control module (LCM) that operates at 12 V. Lighting control modules are the newest technology of turn signal flashers for late model vehicles in the automotive aftermarket. This LCM is applicated to various General Motors vehicles from 2002-2008. The LM487 is LED compatible, patented and is proudly made in the U.S.A. by Novitá Technologies Inc.

Hope this helps you out.

Cadillac Man, it works with my LED blinkers. I came across the Tridon LCM doing some research and bought it. If I recall it's a heavy duty LCM that LED's don't seem to affect it like a regular LCM. I am not really sure if that's why my interior lights aren't missing up but it is the one thing I have different than you? I think I got it at RockAuto or Amazon if I recall. Here is some more info, I know I didn't pay his amount for it though: $73.38 Tridon/Hazard Warning Flasher [LM487] Features & Benefits The Tridon® LM487 is an electronic lighting control module (LCM) that operates at 12 V. Lighting control modules are the newest technology of turn signal flashers for late model vehicles in the automotive aftermarket. This LCM is applicated to various General Motors vehicles from 2002-2008. The LM487 is LED compatible, patented and is proudly made in the U.S.A. by Novitá Technologies Inc. Hope this helps you out.
    I found it on the amazon site going to get it after I order my blinker LEDs

Going to wire in a resistor if the LEDs I am getting don't work on my map and reading lights(they show that they have a resistor built in so going to wait and see on the interior lights)

Love the LEDs as they are bright

Good deal Cadillac Man, I hope it works for you on the interior, I KNOW it will work on the exterior, I have NO resistors and I have NO hyper flash. I hope it works for you buddy!

Good deal Cadillac Man, I hope it works for you on the interior, I KNOW it will work on the exterior, I have NO resistors and I have NO hyper flash. I hope it works for you buddy!
    I got a sweet deal enough to do all three trucks and my car for 50 bucks total hopefully they work out

You got one heck of a deal bro!! They can be a bit stubborn to remove due to the pins, try a flat blade screw driver and "gently" pry it out and then plug in the new one, that's it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.