Where to purchase rear hatch actuator and headlight bulbs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Where to purchase rear hatch actuator and headlight bulbs in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Does anyone know a site to purchase the actuator and replacement bulbs for my headlights? If you happen to have ...
    wilbanks51 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 escalade

Where to purchase rear hatch actuator and headlight bulbs

Does anyone know a site to purchase the actuator and replacement bulbs for my headlights? If you happen to have an eom number for these, that would help. I looked on a autozone site and the bulbs range from 39.00 to 99.00. I don't know the difference.
    thanks for your help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

Re: Where to purchase rear hatch actuator and headlight bulbs

w/r/t rear hatch actuator, is 3 or 4 in this diagram? I would look for it on GMPartsDirect.com

#3 - 15808595 - 279.86 + 15% S/H
    #4 - 15926026 - 67.60 + 15% S/H

If it's #3 it looks like it maybe cheaper to get an aftermarket Dorman 746-015 and rebuild the current actuator.

w/r/t headlight bulb, I believe you are looking for a D1R bulb, there are many choices. A name brand bulb equal to OEM should be about $55-$65 look for Phillips or Sylvania base product. If you want to get something cheaper alot of people like the Kensun bulbs here which are $48 in 4300K and available in other colors.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by z0lt3c
    w/r/t rear hatch actuator, is 3 or 4 in this diagram? I would look for it on GMPartsDirect.com w/r/t headlight bulb, I believe you are looking for a D1R bulb, there are many choices. A name brand bulb equal to OEM should be about $55-$65 look for Phillips or Sylvania base product. If you want to get something cheaper alot of people like the Kensun bulbs here which are $48 in 4300K and available in other colors. http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Xenon-...+escalade+2006 http://www.amazon.com/Xenon-Headligh...+escalade+2006
    Its number 3 in the diagram

thanks guys. If they want $ 300.00 + s & h, I think I'll just let it go. It makes a buzzing noise when I turn the key off or hit the unlock button, other than that, nothing is hurt. I don't know what you mean by other colors are available for the headlight bulbs. I have white headlights, I assume.

thanks

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Yeah i bought that actuator assembly a few years ago and never got a chance to install but ironically it hasn't acted up since... Go figure

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

OEM color is 4300K

I don't see 4300k on your list. I had no idea there were different colors. Glad I posted on board and you helped me out. My daughter said my headlight must be going out because it looks pink. Maybe I replaced it with the wrong color the last time. I see you have pink on your scale at 30k. thanks again.

----------

I wonder if it is possble to just unhook the rear actuator.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbanks51
    I don't see 4300k on your list. I had no idea there were different colors. Glad I posted on board and you helped me out. My daughter said my headlight must be going out because it looks pink. Maybe I replaced it with the wrong color the last time. I see you have pink on your scale at 30k. thanks again. ---------- I wonder if it is possble to just unhook the rear actuator.
    That list is flawed as most aftermarket hid kit retailers won't list the 4300k color but the 4300k color is what the factory bulbs are
    If its pink its failing one of mine would do that on startup
    Here is a good site that does sell the oem color and they are great on pricing
    www.kensun.com
    I have replaced my low beams and got kits that I got from them and they work great and are a pure white

I don't know about pure white. These have always been different from the traditional headlights. Is it the halogen? I hate to think that my local cadillac dealer would want $ 1,000.00 to replace my rear hatch actuator (part included)??? What part # did you get from kensun?

thanks

I don't know about pure white. These have always been different from the traditional headlights. Is it the halogen? I hate to think that my local cadillac dealer would want $ 1,000.00 to replace my rear hatch actuator (part included)??? What part # did you get from kensun? thanks
    For the bulbs or the kits?

These use xenon gas and high voltage to create the light not a filament like halogens do

Halogens top out at 3700k color(not including the crap silver star bulbs)

hid (oem) are 4100-4300k color which has a small amount of yellow to it but it goes away as the bulb breaks in and color shifts closer to 5000k leading to a pure white light path on the road

The actuator can be got at any gm dealer and also online so I would shop around before I get one even junk yards could have one since they are used on multiple models and not just the escalade so one from a Tahoe or yukon will work

When you say "kits", i don't know what you mean. I have replaced a headlight bulb once before and I think I paid around $ 100.00 at an O'reilly's store. I wish i would have saved the box it came in. If i remember right, it was a bulb with a metal box attached.

thanks again.

When you say "kits", i don't know what you mean. I have replaced a headlight bulb once before and I think I paid around $ 100.00 at an O'reilly's store. I wish i would have saved the box it came in. If i remember right, it was a bulb with a metal box attached. thanks again.
    That's the factory hids they have a igniter on the base that's what the silver metal box is(I have seen the boxs they come in

The hid kits include the bulbs, ballasts and the wiring to hook them up so they are pretty much plug and play

Check out the site I posted(here it is incase I didn't www.kensun.com)

Here is a link to buy them via Paypal
    https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...63629be0164db1
    That is for the high beams (9005)

That one is for the fog lights both kits work great I have had mine in for two years if not more

Here is the replacement bulbs for the factory hids

the bulb with metal box i purchased says D1S. Is this ok? What is the difference between D1R and D1S?

thanks

the bulb with metal box i purchased says D1S. Is this ok? What is the difference between D1R and D1S? thanks
    The d1r is for a reflector based housing which is what our trucks use

You can cut out a notch to fit in the housing but other then that the bulbs are the same

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.