05 Escalade Rear Heat Problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 05 Escalade Rear Heat Problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Does any know why a person doesn't get rear heat and blend door is stuck in the cold position. I ...
    sajjenkins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS, Escalade

05 Escalade Rear Heat Problems

Does any know why a person doesn't get rear heat and blend door is stuck in the cold position.

I put a new actuator in but didn't help. I did pull out the ECC fuse and it will re-calibrate both actuators but still stuck in the cold position.

Do you think it's a Heat Control Resistor or someone mentioned about taking apart the rear controls and see if that's the cause.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Check out the rear air service thread I made under the FAQ section at the top of the forum page

Sounds like your having the same issue I had I ended up replaceing both the actitutior and the brain(control) box in the back before it would go off cold

Mine did around this time of year and ended up killing the battery so just a FYI pull the fuse so it don't run your battery down before you replace the module

Also DON'T replace it with the same number module as gm changed part numbers on the module

Re: 05 Escalade Rear Heat Problems

Have you ever heard of the Secondary(Rear) Controls being the problem for the Hot/Cold?

Also do you have the new GM part number for the Revised Module?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sajjenkins
    Have you ever heard of the Secondary(Rear) Controls being the problem for the Hot/Cold? Also do you have the new GM part number for the Revised Module? Thanks
    If your referring to the control panels that has only been reported with the front hvac unit

Any gm dealer can get the number(it's not on my module and I don't think it was on the box or invoice I have though I could be wrong)

Re: 05 Escalade Rear Heat Problems

Nope, he said the rear controls but also if they were upper ones which mine are on behind the floor console. I didn't get a chance to take my controls out last night but looks like they are a push button rather than the dial like on the overhead consoles.

Ok, I will check with GM for the revised number.

So a person should probably steer towards the Heat Control resistor Module?

Quote Originally Posted by sajjenkins
    Nope, he said the rear controls but also if they were upper ones which mine are on behind the floor console. I didn't get a chance to take my controls out last night but looks like they are a push button rather than the dial like on the overhead consoles. Ok, I will check with GM for the revised number. So a person should probably steer towards the Heat Control resistor Module?
    I know I was refering that the front hvac system has been more reported to have issue with the control panel vs the rear on front or rear controls

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.