Help converting 2nd Row Captains to 2nd Row Bench in '03 Escalade.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikedyk43
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Help converting 2nd Row Captains to 2nd Row Bench in '03 Escalade. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; We are needing/wanting to convert our '03 Escalades 2nd row from Captains to a bench. I have some questions.... #1 ...
    kdavid14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help converting 2nd Row Captains to 2nd Row Bench in '03 Escalade.

We are needing/wanting to convert our '03 Escalades 2nd row from Captains to a bench. I have some questions....
    #1 Is this possible and if so are the brackets the same for captains to bench?
    #2 What years of seat would work in my model?
    #3 Would a seat from a Yukon or Tahoe be compatible?

Any tips or pointers would be appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by kdavid14 View Post
    We are needing/wanting to convert our '03 Escalades 2nd row from Captains to a bench. I have some questions....
    #1 Is this possible and if so are the brackets the same for captains to bench?
    #2 What years of seat would work in my model?
    #3 Would a seat from a Yukon or Tahoe be compatible?

Any tips or pointers would be appreciated!
    #1 Yes it is possible and the brackets are the same, not all of the plastic covers for the mounting bolts are the same though.
    #2 Any year of the same body style will work
    #3 Yes Tahoe or Yukon seats work however they don't have the heat option.
    It is also worth noting that the headrest are different in the earlier models. They have a short headrest about the same height as the third row seat and you won't be able to put the newer larger headrests on these seats.
    IMPORTANT : You MUST get a seat from a vehicle with the same wheelbase. Due to the location of the rear wheel well, the longer vehicles (ESV, suburban, Yukon XL) have a different frame on the second row seat and will not fit in the shorter vehicles.
    kdavid14 likes this.

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

Re: Help converting 2nd Row Captains to 2nd Row Bench in '03 Escalade.

Only the escalade has the perforated leather inserts, so if you get a seat from a yukon or tahoe it will not have the exact same appearance. Previous poster also mentioned the heat option being hard to find on tahoes and yukons. I am actually looking to go the other way, I have a escalade bench (grey, heated, perforated) looking to swap for escalade grey captains. IM me if interested.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.