My 2003 Escalade 6.0 Project... - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, My 2003 Escalade 6.0 Project... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; As I've mentioned in another thread, I finally got around to installing my Walmart Group 78(N) Everstart Maxx battery. Battery ...
    z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

Re: My 2003 Escalade 6.0 Project...

As I've mentioned in another thread, I finally got around to installing my Walmart Group 78(N) Everstart Maxx battery. Battery is rated at 800 CCA and has a 5 year warranty. Not looking to start a battle on which battery is better but I can confirm that a 78 size battery fits nicely into the battery tray with the stock hold down. As you can see the group 78 is bigger then the group 75 pro start (pep boys) battery I replaced. The old battery was 4 years old and starting to struggle in the extreme cold, truck starts great with the new battery now.

I had picked up a TNR head unit on ebay, part number 15230099 to replace my INR head unit, which is just worn down from use. After getting a few quotes from local dealers to have the theft lock reset, all between $125-$175, I sent out the head unit to a place I found on ebay, Global Automotive Technologies, who offered a reset service for $65. Well I just got the unit back from Global Auto Tech and they reported that they were unable to reset the theft lock. They claim the head unit has "partial or corrupt software" which prevents the Tech II tool from properly communicating w/ the head unit. Since the tool cannot establish a connection w/ the head unit it can not send the theft lock reset signal. So they packed the unit back up and returned it to me, refunding my $65 service charge.

Before I sent them the radio, I had it installed into my vehicle. Upon first installation it booted up to the "Theflock Activated" screen, however by using the trick to pull the fuse I was able to gain temporary access to the radio, and based on my basic testing in the vehicle, all functions were working. Quite honestly I am very impressed with the detail in the report I received from Global Auto Tech and in my conversations with them, they also seemed to sound like they knew what they were doing. I'm at a loss here, I don't want to waste any more money on negative results but I see no reason why the radio was unable to communicate with the scan tool.

Should I try to return the item as defective or try another shop for a reset??

flyingdutchman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I had mine done years ago at a Buick dealer Any GM dealer can do it with the tech-II Just print out the instructions If it was me I would just take it to the cheapest dealer and have it done Maybe you can find a local service station/speed shop that has the tech-II I would think if you used the bypass trick and the radio functions correctly it should be fine It's just going to be a gamble

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I second the dealer trick

I already installed mine and drive to the dealer (without music for the half hour drive)

When I got there I told them I got the radio used and that I needed it unlocked and they connected the tech-2 to the truck and had to program the rpo code into the bcm for the radio to unlock(mine had the cd/cass radio) I drove out happy after paying only 20 bucks to have it unlocked(it was a first for my dealer and they pulled it off without a hitch)

Don't return the radio till you have tried a dealer as the tnr is worth a price to unlock(much better audio quality then the cd/cass radio)

grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where did you get the moog part from? I need to replace my mine

Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper
    Where did you get the moog part from? I need to replace my mine
    If your referring to the radio check eBay

I got the moog pitman arm from advance auto using an online coupon and local store pickup. Rule of thumb with this part is to stick to a brand that offers a lifetime warranty.

Well I sold the Escalade today... The project had just gone too far over budget and finishing it, properly, was not financially wise. It turned into something of a money pit, but it was a great winter to have the vehicle available. I did wind up selling it for just about $2000 more then I purchased it at auction 4 months earlier. Although that sounds great, my repair bills were already close to $3000, when I called it quits, thus it was a net looser. I am selling off some of my spare parts, see the parts thread if you maybe interested.

godsdiablo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade

how much did caddy charge you to diagnose your truck

Quote Originally Posted by godsdiablo View Post
    how much did caddy charge you to diagnose your truck
    I used a nearby Chevrolet dealer, they generally charge 1 hour at $140/hr for diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by z0lt3c
    I used a nearby Chevrolet dealer, they generally charge 1 hour at $140/hr for diagnosis.
    140 an hour just to diagnose a problem!!!!

That's robbery to say the least

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.