My 2003 Escalade 6.0 Project... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, My 2003 Escalade 6.0 Project... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Check for a harness rubbing near the parking brake pedal causing a short...
    wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Check for a harness rubbing near the parking brake pedal causing a short

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    That's the second case I have heard of a wire getting chafed by the park brake

A guy at the college I go to had this happen in his silverdo and it made the dome lights stop working due to blowing the fuse

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    I had it happen to my trailer brake controller wires that i ran too close

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

Re: My 2003 Escalade 6.0 Project...

I will check tomorrow for any rubbing against the p-brake mechanisms. I just tore that area apart to replace the intermediate steering shaft, maybe I moved a cable or something...

Quote Originally Posted by z0lt3c
    I will check tomorrow for any rubbing against the p-brake mechanisms. I just tore that area apart to replace the intermediate steering shaft, maybe I moved a cable or something...
    Check around the pedal mount as that's where the wires get damaged

Spent some time looking into the sunroof today since it's been raining pretty hard and it continues to leak from the front of the headliner.

I cleaned both of the front drains, there was no visible debris in the sunroof troughs but when I pored water down into the front drains, one drained slowly and one didn't drain. I went ahead and fed the weed wacker line into the drain and then used very low pressure compressed air through a drinking straw to blow them out. After cleaning them they now both drain water better. However, I still don't get a solid stream of water, I seem to get more of a steady drip out of them... is that normal (perhaps due to the flap?)

I also was able to identify the banging noise coming from the sunroof when it wasn't fully closed. Behind the fabric sunroof cover there is a metal pan and this pan clips under a screw into channels towards the rear of the sunroof tray. It appears one of the clips had come undone and was no longer being secured to the sunroof tray screw. I simply re-secured it, and now, no more banging. Here is a picture of that screw... for some reason this doesn't look OEM to me and the screw is a little wonky, trying to figure out how to get a screwdriver in there;

However I still don't think I've solved all the problems. I was unable to find the rear vents, I could not visibly locate them, but I am sure they are at the end of the troughs. When pouring water down into these vents I was not getting much, if any, out of the rear drain. Is their a trick to locating these rear vents?

It looks like the sunroof glass panel is misaligned at the rear. When the sunroof is in the fully closed position, the glass and rubber seal are actual below the roof line and create a gap which water is entering. I suspect this is the culprit for most of the water getting into the sunroof tray, and then with the rear vents clogged, eventually it seems to roll forward and get into the headliner. Can this panel be adjusted so when it's in full closed position the panel is higher?

The next two pictures shows the gap when full closed;

There is also a small tear in the rubber seal;

This picture show the panel when i leave it slightly vented (not full down);

Spent some time looking into the sunroof today since it's been raining pretty hard and it continues to leak from the front of the headliner. I cleaned both of the front drains, there was no visible debris in the sunroof troughs but when I pored water down into the front drains, one drained slowly and one didn't drain. I went ahead and fed the weed wacker line into the drain and then used very low pressure compressed air through a drinking straw to blow them out. After cleaning them they now both drain water better. However, I still don't get a solid stream of water, I seem to get more of a steady drip out of them... is that normal (perhaps due to the flap?) I also was able to identify the banging noise coming from the sunroof when it wasn't fully closed. Behind the fabric sunroof cover there is a metal pan and this pan clips under a screw into channels towards the rear of the sunroof tray. It appears one of the clips had come undone and was no longer being secured to the sunroof tray screw. I simply re-secured it, and now, no more banging. Here is a picture of that screw... for some reason this doesn't look OEM to me and the screw is a little wonky, trying to figure out how to get a screwdriver in there; However I still don't think I've solved all the problems. I was unable to find the rear vents, I could not visibly locate them, but I am sure they are at the end of the troughs. When pouring water down into these vents I was not getting much, if any, out of the rear drain. Is their a trick to locating these rear vents? It looks like the sunroof glass panel is misaligned at the rear. When the sunroof is in the fully closed position, the glass and rubber seal are actual below the roof line and create a gap which water is entering. I suspect this is the culprit for most of the water getting into the sunroof tray, and then with the rear vents clogged, eventually it seems to roll forward and get into the headliner. Can this panel be adjusted so when it's in full closed position the panel is higher? The next two pictures shows the gap when full closed; There is also a small tear in the rubber seal; This picture show the panel when i leave it slightly vented (not full down);
    The drains should be at the rear of the rear doors(if I am not mistaken)

The sunroof glass can be removed or adjusted if needed I will look at my gm service manual and see how you can do that

When you remove the glass it is best to replace that seal as it will get worse over time

Pm me for further info on the sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    The sunroof glass can be removed or adjusted if needed I will look at my gm service manual and see how you can do that

Thanks TCM that manual had the exact procedures I needed for the rear drains and glass panel adjustment. I wonder how the glass panel got so screwed up.

Thanks TCM that manual had the exact procedures I needed for the rear drains and glass panel adjustment. I wonder how the glass panel got so screwed up.
    No clue unless someone tried to clean out the drains the wrong way other then that I am stumped

I got rear drains clear this morning, much easier to clear these from the end by pulling the B pillar trim panel.

I cannot find anybody who carries the glass panel weatherstrip. It seems you only get this if you replace the entire glass panel.

Also, does anybody know what part #20 in this diagram is called, or better yet it's part number? The plastic clips on mine are busted.

I got rear drains clear this morning, much easier to clear these from the end by pulling the B pillar trim panel. I cannot find anybody who carries the glass panel weatherstrip. It seems you only get this if you replace the entire glass panel. Also, does anybody know what part #20 in this diagram is called, or better yet it's part number? The plastic clips on mine are busted.
    That's the wind deflector it only raises up when the glass is so far back in the roof
    FYI any gm dealer can get the parts

Took the Escalade through a car wash today, never mind the snow thats been on it the past few days, and no more leaks from the headliner. I am still getting a little bit of water through my sunroof glass panel seal, in particular where it has that crack. But it's not enough to overwhelm the drainage troughs and with the drains clean the water doesn't back up. I've still had no luck sourcing either the sunroof glass panel seal, although I can get a new glass panel with a seal, or a new wind deflector. I tell yeah, this thing is a tank in bad weather...

No I am going back to troubleshooting why the suspension compressor won't kick on. I loaded the truck down with 8 40lb bags of salt today and it did not level it back it. I also got around to exposing the SCM, I inspected all the cabling and harnesses, cleaned it up and put to back together... but no change. SCM looked good... I am leaning towards replacing the rear height sensors next.

You may have to talk to a glass shop about the seal and see what they say about it

The suspension system can be tricky to figure out without a tech-2
    You have I think at least 8 sensors in the whole system
    Plus it gets speed data along with brake force data from the PCM and ebcm

Like I told you before get the codes pulled so I can help more on that

Because everything looks better in the snow...

Because everything looks better in the snow...
    Nice

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.