2004 Escalade vs ESV
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2004 Escalade vs ESV in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Well we're probably going to trade our '03 in using the lemon law (the dam thing just works fine one ...
    03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2004 Escalade vs ESV

Well we're probably going to trade our '03 in using the lemon law (the dam thing just works fine one day then the next the battery is completely drained. Dealer says something about the computer telling the battery to drain overnight It has happened a total of 5 times, not including one problem where the computer wouldn't unlock the doors for a wireless key) for a black '04, but we havn't decided exactly which vehicle we wanted. An Escalade, ESV, and an H2 are our top choices, unless anyone knows of any BIG luxo rigs out there in the same price range. BTW, Caddy sent us a $50 check since they didn't buy back our Escalade. I don't exactly see how its the same

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Re: 2004 Escalade vs ESV

Quote Originally Posted by 03EscaladeAWD
    Well we're probably going to trade our '03 in using the lemon law (the dam thing just works fine one day then the next the battery is completely drained. Dealer says something about the computer telling the battery to drain overnight It has happened a total of 5 times, not including one problem where the computer wouldn't unlock the doors for a wireless key) for a black '04, but we havn't decided exactly which vehicle we wanted. An Escalade, ESV, and an H2 are our top choices, unless anyone knows of any BIG luxo rigs out there in the same price range. BTW, Caddy sent us a $50 check since they didn't buy back our Escalade. I don't exactly see how its the same
    haha cadillac had many excuses for my battery problem but they finally got it fixed by the second time. I believe there is a recall for 03 models for that problem but mine is 2002 and they said there was no recall for 2002 models

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
    I would try a new dealer for service, some are better than others.

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
    Go for the ESV!

03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    I would try a new dealer for service, some are better than others.
    Funny you should say that. We bought our Escalade from one dealer a distance away. For service we goto a dealer they say is #6 in the country. And it wasn't with them we were making the trade in deals with. We were talkin to Cadillac HQ in Detroit. Pff #6 in the country just replaced the battery 5 times.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Funny you should say that. We bought our Escalade from one dealer a distance away. For service we goto a dealer they say is #6 in the country. And it wasn't with them we were making the trade in deals with. We were talkin to Cadillac HQ in Detroit. Pff #6 in the country just replaced the battery 5 times.
    Bigger is usually not better in the car business, I have been dealing with small dealers for my Vettes, Caddy's and BMW's only because they bend over backwards for service and personal care.

84caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe; 80 Le Cab; 85 Fleetwood Coupe; 03 ESV; 04 Deville

I've driven both and would not change back to the smaller Escalade...the ESV gives you way more room, and doesn't drive any "bigger" feel wise - go with the ESV!

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

ESV is more Escalade in a sense , it reminds me of Tahoe and Suburban event so to say .Escalade is enough unless you always love the biggest product of a model .That's why I have Escalade .

By the way if a longer version to STS was made , I would never buy it too

TOWNECADILLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You should check for the Onstar battery drain recall. Go for the ESV, it rides nicer than an Escalade, not as choppy.

virginiaM. is offline Cadillac Owners Member

We have a new Escalade EXT , I cannot believe anything could ride a lot better. I too believe smaller dealers are better. Although we are new at this Cadallic stuff , the longer the wheel base the better the ride normaly.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Cant stand ANYTHING that looks like a Suburban if suburban space is NOT a requirement. The ESV has MORE sheetmetal to look the same side by side with a Suburban or Yukon XL than the somewhat edgier stubby Escalade and EXT. Tahoes and Yukons also have historically better values than their larger counterparts. Standard Escalade or H2 for sure.

Raplon is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: 2004 Escalade vs ESV

I just traided in my 2002 Escalade for 2004 ESV. All I can say I found much more positive changes than I expected. A lot of annoying little problems are fixed in 2004 (I assume in 2003 as well). I agree, ESV doesn't feel any bigger when you drive it (parking is a different story). But the ride is definitely much better than the short version. This is expected since the longer weelbase makes the ride significantly less bouncy.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

i dont see why u would need an ESV if u arent gonna use any of that space. an esclade is already big enough. the esv looks kind ugly im my opinion even thoguht its the same basic truck.

howell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have an 04 ESV and would not trade it for the world. The ride is super smooth and the handling is impeccable. The shorter Escalade is for smaller families. If you have 2 or more children, GET THE ESV. You will not regret the ride or the extra length. If you must go with the regular Escalade, get the 6.0 liter engine with AWD. This is a must. I don't care where you live or how you drive. One last thing, check out the service department of the dealer before you buy, and check their reputation with previous owners if possible. The service at my dealer is outstanding, as well it should be, considering the amount of money I paid for my caddy.

As far as the H2, I was not that impressed with much of anything. Looks rugged, ride is loud (especially compared to ESV). Not much room for cargo.

howell

dmalhi1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i dunno i waited for the longest time to find the right escalade and an ESV at that, after driving both and comparing the ride qualities (not to mention the significant amount of leg room for the passengers) i ended up with the latter and i swear it looks alot better than the regular escalade which imho actually looks kinda stubby

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.