Anybody using led map lights with led vanity mirror lights?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Anybody using led map lights with led vanity mirror lights? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I recently switched to led lights in my two front swivel map lights. I forgot to order the vanity mirror ...
    Retrax is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, 2003 Escalade EXT

Anybody using led map lights with led vanity mirror lights?

I recently switched to led lights in my two front swivel map lights. I forgot to order the vanity mirror bulbs so I didn't get those until now. The map lights work when I click the button on but I can not use them at the same time as the vanity mirror. If I open the mirror and the led vanity mirror lamps light up, the map lights lose power and turn off. Once I shut the mirror, the map lights will power back on (if I leave the map light button clicked on).

Is there a fix to this? I am curious if anyone else has run into this and if they were able to resolve it. If I put the factory incandescent bulbs back in the map lights and the visor mirror lights, everything works fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mark Edward Morrison is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    That's weird? I have all LED'S in my interior and mine doesn't do that? I am not sure why that would do that.

rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
    I converted all my interior lights to led last year and have zero problems with them.

Txao1051 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT
    My alternator was going out when this happened to me... Might wanna get it tested...

Re: Anybody using led map lights with led vanity mirror lights?

I did run into some compatibility problems with the led switchback bulbs I used in my turn signals. The first style I tried would not work and caused some really erratic problems with other lighting until I tried a different bulb design then all worked fine. I wonder if the same thing is happening with the interior.

I am using vled Vanity bulbs in the vanity mirrors (I think those are the only ones that will fit). What are you guys using in the swivel map lights? Maybe I can find a bulb that works with the vanity LEDs. I tried reversing both bulbs but they only power on one way.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrax
    I did run into some compatibility problems with the led switchback bulbs I used in my turn signals. The first style I tried would not work and caused some really erratic problems with other lighting until I tried a different bulb design then all worked fine. I wonder if the same thing is happening with the interior. I am using vled Vanity bulbs in the vanity mirrors (I think those are the only ones that will fit). What are you guys using in the swivel map lights? Maybe I can find a bulb that works with the vanity LEDs. I tried reversing both bulbs but they only power on one way.
    The overhead map lights are 198 or something like that as they are peanut bulbs

Yeah, I have several different 198 bulbs I bought from vleds. Maybe I need to try some that pull a little more current. I might have to look into an inline resistor or diode. The other 198s I have are pretty blinding though. I could live with the issue but I am a bit of an obsessive perfectionist. I always want everything to work on my cars and to work properly. The only other issue I have is two of the little led indicators on my HVAC control are burned out and I have the common button wear problem on three of my factory sat/nav HU. On another note, thanks TCM , the kensun hid fogs are awesome. I might have to follow your lead and upgrade my high beams also.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrax
    Yeah, I have several different 198 bulbs I bought from vleds. Maybe I need to try some that pull a little more current. I might have to look into an inline resistor or diode. The other 198s I have are pretty blinding though. I could live with the issue but I am a bit of an obsessive perfectionist. I always want everything to work on my cars and to work properly. The only other issue I have is two of the little led indicators on my HVAC control are burned out and I have the common button wear problem on three of my factory sat/nav HU. On another note, thanks TCM , the kensun hid fogs are awesome. I might have to follow your lead and upgrade my high beams also.
    Do it you'll enjoy them on the high beams looonnngg range with them on high beams

flyingdutchman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.