Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Nav radio wont come on in Cadillac Escalade Forums; When I start my truck in the morning the temp is usually between 26-30 degrees and constantly getting colder well ...
- 10-31-13 07:24 PM #1
Nav radio wont come on
When I start my truck in the morning the temp is usually between 26-30 degrees and constantly getting colder well no matter how long I warm the car up the nav radio won't come on until I have been driving the car for about 5 min. Is there something I can do to make sure it comes on right away again. Last winter I never had this problem even when it was as cold as -20.
- 10-31-13 07:51 PM #2
Do you get any music or chimes from the speakers?
Does the display do anything
I would check the radio fuse in the under hood fuse box
- 10-31-13 08:29 PM #3Originally Posted by the cadillac man
- 10-31-13 11:11 PM #4Originally Posted by Txao1051
I had this happen to me except the lights stayed on no matter if the head lights were on or not pulling the radio fuse for a bit fixed it
- 11-01-13 12:53 PM #5Originally Posted by the cadillac man
- 11-01-13 01:10 PM #6Originally Posted by Txao1051
- 11-01-13 01:13 PM #7Originally Posted by the cadillac man
Usually the exact same spot on my drive.
- 11-01-13 01:35 PM #8Originally Posted by Txao1051
Have you checked the wiring harness the plugs in the back of the radio to see if its loose
It could be a wiring issue or ground somewhere if its working some time
- 11-01-13 07:50 PM #9Originally Posted by the cadillac man
- 11-04-13 08:46 AM #10
So this morning I got in and started it up. The radio came on right away!!! Yay!!!! Spoke to soon As soon as I changed the channel it turned off. It came back on exactly 20 minutes later. Any ideas?
Could it be the PAC OEM gm24 that I have to use as a converter for my amp?
- 11-04-13 08:37 PM #11Originally Posted by Txao1051
- 11-05-13 07:59 AM #12
I removed that PAC converter and everything is working again. Hmmm guess I won't be recommending that product to anyone
- 11-05-13 02:42 PM #13Originally Posted by Txao1051
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts