2005 - 6.0L - EGR Valve Replacement - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 - 6.0L - EGR Valve Replacement in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Old Timer Thus the name: Old Timer... How does one get away without a fuel filter ? ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Thus the name: Old Timer... How does one get away without a fuel filter ? it has to have the "Sock" on the pickup in the tank... but no other filter ? So... were does one go to think routine service is done on the fuel delivery system ? Pour the injector cleaner to it a couple times a year ? No egr, no fuel filter... all this is OK with me... I never missed an egr valve anyway, thought they ran better without... I'm just looking to make it run as good as it can with what it's got... Thanks The Old Timer...
    There is a strainer on the fuel pickup

I use seafoam fuel system cleaner and it works great(also can be used in the oil)

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skier-24
    I also intermittently get codes P0171 and P0174. Clean the MAF sensor anyway. Looking clean might not be clean enough. My Expedition would have these codes. I cleaned the MAF sensor a a couple of times more after I thought it looked clean. Never had another problem with it. MAF sensor could also be faulty.
    P0171 is engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor curcuit low voltage
    P0174 is fuel trim system lean bank 2

Old Timer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Esclade

Re: 2005 - 6.0L - EGR Valve Replacement

Really appreciate all the response...

I'll pay more attention to the Injector Cleaner aspect... Sea Foam was always thought to be a good product...

It's a truck for sure... nice interior comfort and great ride but still a truck...

Still cant' believe they deleted the fuel filter... In the back of my mind I remember that but did not pay attention..

Hey, Thanks to all.

Make it a great day !

The Old Timer...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.