Seating options
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Seating options in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello fellas, I am looking for some insight on the interior options for a 03-06 escalade. My wife totaled our ...
    ZONES89RS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Seating options

Hello fellas, I am looking for some insight on the interior options for a 03-06 escalade. My wife totaled our V8 2003 trailblazer earlier this year and now that I have some cash coming in from my last job that I quit, I have been looking into tahoes and yukons. Turns out that the escalade is not much more used.so, come December I would love to surprise her with one. Problem is, I want max seating.

I see there are many with captains chairs for 2nd row, and them there are the 3 seat options. What is the specific model with the 3 seater second row?

If I find a deal on one I would really love to get her but it has captains chairs, what are my options as far as just switching the second row out for 3 seat versions?

And last, what draw backs are there with the 03-06 models? I'm a GM guy and my 01 and 03 3/4 tons have always been great, but the AWD makes me worry about any failure and expense to repair. Is there any common issues or are they pretty stout?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Swapping the second row bucket seats with a bench isn't a problem just unbolt them from the floor and swap them out

Make sure the doner truck has the same wheelbase as the seats are different between the two wheelbases

So far I haven't had no drive train problems(knock on wood) but that's no reason to avoid the escalade as it is a super comfy truck to drive

Just a FYI the air shock compressor and the rear shocks are a common failure on these trucks

Re: Seating options

What happens when that dies? Anything that can be solved by eliminating it?

Quote Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
    What happens when that dies? Anything that can be solved by eliminating it?
    You get the service ride control message

Ah, any secret to deleting the piece and having no error code or is it something in the BCM that will be there forever?

Trying to figure out a color that is common for me so finding a 2nd row bench will be easy in case I just get stuck with a sweet deal on one with a captains chair second row. I have seen the bench seat trucks but most are captains chair second row.

Just excited I'm going to be able to surprise my wife. She wrecked the trailblazer and has been heart broken since. Was full leather V8, and the nicest vehicle we have ever owned. So trying to one up and make her happy.

Ah, any secret to deleting the piece and having no error code or is it something in the BCM that will be there forever? Trying to figure out a color that is common for me so finding a 2nd row bench will be easy in case I just get stuck with a sweet deal on one with a captains chair second row. I have seen the bench seat trucks but most are captains chair second row. Just excited I'm going to be able to surprise my wife. She wrecked the trailblazer and has been heart broken since. Was full leather V8, and the nicest vehicle we have ever owned. So trying to one up and make her happy.
    Remove the ride control module behind the right rear quarter panel in between the hvac and the body is the only way I know of

But I ask this why do you want to remove such a great feature that makes a Cadillac its own?

Don't know what makes it great, and if it always goes bad and is something expensive, yet easily removed, it is a quick solution.

Don't know what makes it great, and if it always goes bad and is something expensive, yet easily removed, it is a quick solution.
    If you don't get the service ride control give the truck a drive on the interstate you will notice as the system dampens the shocks to control the body roll in curves or when making quick turns

I have the system in place on my truck and man its great

K, I will probably look at a few and then be able to get a feel for what's going on.

Jophusp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500

Be sure to check out the front Diff for any "Noises" Especially when coasting about 30MPH Listen when you get on the gas just a little, and when your decelerating. They usually give you plenty of warning before they start to go out, and it is usually pretty obvious. Good Luck! I love My Lade.

Well, surprised the wife with a 2004 escalade.

Service ride control is on. What should I be looking for to fix it? Runs harder than my 3/4 ton 2004 crew cab I think.

Well, surprised the wife with a 2004 escalade. Service ride control is on. What should I be looking for to fix it? Runs harder than my 3/4 ton 2004 crew cab I think.
    Get. The codes pulled at any gm dealer then post them here most likely its a issue with the compressor

The local autozone cannot pull it? I know they can pull ECM codes.

The local autozone cannot pull it? I know they can pull ECM codes.
    Gm dealer only

Nice. Hate the ride control already. Lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.