2004 Escalade ESV front shocks?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2004 Escalade ESV front shocks? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; How do I know if my '04 Escalade ESV requires new front shocks? What is the their typical lifespan? vehicle ...
    VHV73 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

2004 Escalade ESV front shocks?

How do I know if my '04 Escalade ESV requires new front shocks? What is the their typical lifespan?
    vehicle has about 130k miles, rear shocks and compressor were replaced about 6 months ago.

Truck feels a bit loose on the front end; dips at front corners, specially on the highway when changing lanes or making abrupt moves.

What is the purpose of the electronic sensors in the front shocks? what are the cons of replacing them with the Arnott replacements that come with the resistor that bypases the sensors?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by VHV73
    How do I know if my '04 Escalade ESV requires new front shocks? What is the their typical lifespan? vehicle has about 130k miles, rear shocks and compressor were replaced about 6 months ago. Truck feels a bit loose on the front end; dips at front corners, specially on the highway when changing lanes or making abrupt moves. What is the purpose of the electronic sensors in the front shocks? what are the cons of replacing them with the Arnott replacements that come with the resistor that bypases the sensors? Any advise will be greatly appreciated!
    I have only seen a few people replace the front shocks but they did say it helped

The auto ride system has active gas shocks in the front and active hybrid gas/air shocks in the rear

The purpose of the system is to adjust to the road and load in the truck(or on the hitch) to give the best handling and ride comfort on multiple different road conditions

As far as longevity I haven't replaced my front shocks yet and I am hitting close to 180,000 miles

Re: 2004 Escalade ESV front shocks?

I wonder how going with the Arnott passive replacements will affect the vehicle?
    Any Idea?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Most people would never notice the difference in normal driving conditions.

Thanks!

BDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Our factory shocks (made by Monroe) and the exact replacement Monroe's have magnectic fluid that alter the rebound and are part of the stability control system. Several brands of "passive" replacement shocks are available with connector plugs to fool the stability computer module and prevent codes form setting. However, these passive replacement shocks completely dissable the factory stability control system. The only way to maintain the SCS is with factory OEM or Monroe mag fluid shocks. Arnott nor anyone else can rebuild factory shocks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.