2005 Escalade Navigation-Audio Programing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 Escalade Navigation-Audio Programing in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I recently had my 05 OEM Touchscreen Navigation unit installed and I am having a problem figuring out why some ...
    Mark Edward Morrison is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2005 Escalade Navigation-Audio Programing

I recently had my 05 OEM Touchscreen Navigation unit installed and I am having a problem figuring out why some XM stations are in NORMAL stereo sound and others are in SPACIOUS stereo sound? I want ALL of my stations to be in SPACIOUS stereo and have tried everyway I could figure out to switch them and when I switch to another station and then back it's in NORMAL Stereo sound again?? I am sure that I am simply overlooking an obvious step but if there is anyone out there that could help me get ALL my staions to SPACIOUS I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks Guys/Gals!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Edward Morrison
    I recently had my 05 OEM Touchscreen Navigation unit installed and I am having a problem figuring out why some XM stations are in NORMAL stereo sound and others are in SPACIOUS stereo sound? I want ALL of my stations to be in SPACIOUS stereo and have tried everyway I could figure out to switch them and when I switch to another station and then back it's in NORMAL Stereo sound again?? I am sure that I am simply overlooking an obvious step but if there is anyone out there that could help me get ALL my staions to SPACIOUS I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks Guys/Gals!
    That's the dsp setting You can configure it under the audio menu(the music note button) I have mine set to spacious some times and sometimes I set it to driver What it does is delay the timeings of the speakers in the system at the amp(smart amp) You get four dsp settings Normal Driver Rear( for rear passengers) Spacious

To sassign a dsp setting to a preset just press and hold the preset button after setting the dsp setting and every time the preset is used it will recall both the station and audio preset

Also these radios have auto volume which is also configurible in the audio menu

Mark Edward Morrison is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Thanks Cadillac Man, that fixed it!! I just didn't know to hold down the preset after setting it to SPACIOUS. How to fix that was no where in my manual, nor my navigation manual so I thank you. These OEM navigation units sound 10 times better than the non navigation units! Have a good one and thanks again!!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Edward Morrison
    Thanks Cadillac Man, that fixed it!! I just didn't know to hold down the preset after setting it to SPACIOUS. How to fix that was no where in my manual, nor my navigation manual so I thank you. These OEM navigation units sound 10 times better than the non navigation units! Have a good one and thanks again!!
    Yep its not covered in the owners manual which I find odd
    I agree on the audio quality of the nav unit it is a lot better then the non nav unit and one I find audiophile quality for a factory deck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.