Front end growling noise after brand new diff but only under decel???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Front end growling noise after brand new diff but only under decel??? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok here goes. I had a what I thought was the notorious front end growl, but only Under decel, it ...
    kantgetnun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade ext

Front end growling noise after brand new diff but only under decel???

Ok here goes. I had a what I thought was the notorious front end growl, but only
    Under decel, it starts getting noticeable above 40mph and is very annoying by 60mph. Seemed like the transfer case may have been making some noise as well. I bought brand new rebuilds from a very reputable company, I put both units in today
    and
    Couldn't wait to go for a ride and hear a nice quiet caddy....... Noise was still there! I am at a complete loss and at my wits end! So to reiterate, the noise is only on
    Decel. If I push the throttle pedal slightly is goes away. Noise is there whether the
    Truck is coasting in neutral or in drive, with or without traction control or with the
    Towing on or off. The only way it goes away is to slightly push the throttle whil still slowing down. As if I'm removing the "negative load" it sounds like a rotational
    Noise kind of like a drive shaft is rubbing on something, but I have been all over
    This truck and I can't find anything that is making any contact.
    Thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by kantgetnun
    Ok here goes. I had a what I thought was the notorious front end growl, but only Under decel, it starts getting noticeable above 40mph and is very annoying by 60mph. Seemed like the transfer case may have been making some noise as well. I bought brand new rebuilds from a very reputable company, I put both units in today and Couldn't wait to go for a ride and hear a nice quiet caddy....... Noise was still there! I am at a complete loss and at my wits end! So to reiterate, the noise is only on Decel. If I push the throttle pedal slightly is goes away. Noise is there whether the Truck is coasting in neutral or in drive, with or without traction control or with the Towing on or off. The only way it goes away is to slightly push the throttle whil still slowing down. As if I'm removing the "negative load" it sounds like a rotational Noise kind of like a drive shaft is rubbing on something, but I have been all over This truck and I can't find anything that is making any contact. Thanks for any help
    Tranny whine mine does this

It could also be the ac compressor(it will moan also)

kantgetnun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade ext

Re: Front end growling noise after brand new diff but only under decel???

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Tranny whine mine does this

It could also be the ac compressor(it will moan also)
    the noise is not a whine. its pretty loud, almost what a drive shaft would sound like if it was making contact with somthing. it really sounded like a bad front end, but i guess i ruled that out.

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Re: Front end growling noise after brand new diff but only under decel???

Quote Originally Posted by kantgetnun View Post
    the noise is not a whine. its pretty loud, almost what a drive shaft would sound like if it was making contact with somthing. it really sounded like a bad front end, but i guess i ruled that out.
    Axle half shafts maybe? Rear end, mistaken for a noise from the front?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.