Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, xm vs. sirius in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi all. I was just wondering what the difference is between the Sirius SCC1 tuner and the Audiovox SXV200 XM ...
- 10-05-13 03:09 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac DTS, 2004 Cadillac Escalade
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- Ontario, CAN
xm vs. sirius
I was just wondering what the difference is between the Sirius SCC1 tuner and the Audiovox SXV200 XM tuner other than thefact one is for sirius and one is for xm.
Since my 04 escalade did not come with sat radio (there is no xm tuner box behind the glove box) I wanted to add it.
I'm a little skeptical of buying a used factory xm tuner because who knows how long it will last and I would have to get it's memory cleared so it could learn my vin, otherwise I would get the "xm locked" message.
- 10-05-13 08:46 PM #2Originally Posted by cashmereDTS
Factory tuners aren't a good used purchase
- 10-05-13 11:43 PM #3
- 10-05-13 11:45 PM #4Originally Posted by cashmereDTS
- 10-06-13 01:30 AM #5Originally Posted by wesyder
----------Originally Posted by cashmereDTS
Here is a link to the tuner I have
- 10-06-13 04:10 PM #6Originally Posted by the cadillac man
- 10-06-13 07:19 PM #7Originally Posted by wesyder
- 10-10-13 01:18 PM #8
- 10-10-13 05:10 PM #9Originally Posted by cashmereDTS
The controls are on the screen work presets the hard button select the source and audio and setup menus
- 10-11-13 11:38 AM #10
Re: xm vs. sirius
Does the model number/brand/ of the tuner dictate what information the head unit receives? (You gave a link to a Sirius SIRGM1 tuner and you said that the touch screen is used to pick and operate functions for adjusting. I'm looking to get a Sirius SCC1 as part of the following package;
Do you think the tuner (Sirius SCC1) will send the same messages to a GMT 800 TNR, allowing the touch screen to be functional in making adjustments like your set up?)
My apologies if this question is too particular.
- 10-11-13 03:50 PM #11Originally Posted by cashmereDTS
I know as I have had both styles of radio
- 10-12-13 09:27 PM #12
Re: xm vs. sirius
- 10-12-13 10:34 PM #13Originally Posted by cashmereDTS
I did have to replace the harness for mine but I got a bad harness when I got mine
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Air Tool Kit
Air Tool Kit - 17 PieceMore on PowerTorque Tools - Air Tool Kit
- PowerTorque Tools - Flare Nut Wrench Set
Flare Nut Wrench Set - 3 Piece; SAE; Includes: 3/8" X 7/16", 1/2" X 9/16" & 5/8" X 11/16"
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 41 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive