1st time 04 Escalade owner car bought 2 weeks ago now calling for tow truck
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 1st time 04 Escalade owner car bought 2 weeks ago now calling for tow truck in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello All I'm just coming back from a trip out of town started up the truck and as I made ...
    V8NOLESS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

1st time 04 Escalade owner car bought 2 weeks ago now calling for tow truck

Hello All

I'm just coming back from a trip out of town started up the truck and as I made my first right hand turn I felt the car die out in the rear as I felt like I hit a curb which it wasn't . I got out to see if I could see anything and I didn't so I got back inside the truck and gave it slow acceleration then heard a sound of it sounding like something pulled loose and now I hear a metal grinding sound from the back passenger side . Anyone care to speculate on what it might be ? I called for a tow truck which is on the way now .

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by V8NOLESS
    Hello All I'm just coming back from a trip out of town started up the truck and as I made my first right hand turn I felt the car die out in the rear as I felt like I hit a curb which it wasn't . I got out to see if I could see anything and I didn't so I got back inside the truck and gave it slow acceleration then heard a sound of it sounding like something pulled loose and now I hear a metal grinding sound from the back passenger side . Anyone care to speculate on what it might be ? I called for a tow truck which is on the way now . Thanks
    Sounds like the differential has failed

Je357 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: 1st time 04 Escalade owner car bought 2 weeks ago now calling for tow truck

What caddilac man said ^^^^^^^^^

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade

Before you assume the worst, check the easy stuff. I had mine towed for a very similar sound and I thought the worst. Turns out the rear passenger parking brake pad had come apart. Scared the crap out of me when it happened especially since I had my three kids in the car, but turned out to be cheap and easy fix.

Thanks guys they are going to call me later on to tell me what they found and I will post it as soon as I know something .

The dealership just called me and told me it's rear parking brake shoes and cable they said the break had locked up on the wheel so that was the grinding sound I heard . I was quoted a price of $650 dollars which I think is quite high . I am thinking of towing it from there and getting the work done somewhere cheaper . Does my thought process sound resonable?

Thanks

The dealership just called me and told me it's rear parking brake shoes and cable they said the break had locked up on the wheel so that was the grinding sound I heard . I was quoted a price of $650 dollars which I think is quite high . I am thinking of towing it from there and getting the work done somewhere cheaper . Does my thought process sound resonable? Thanks
    That sounds like price gauging to me

How much should I reasonably expect to pay for this in your opinions ?

How much should I reasonably expect to pay for this in your opinions ?
    300 at the most and that's including parts

They must think the parts are made of gold

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by V8NOLESS View Post
    The dealership just called me and told me it's rear parking brake shoes and cable they said the break had locked up on the wheel so that was the grinding sound I heard . I was quoted a price of $650 dollars which I think is quite high . I am thinking of towing it from there and getting the work done somewhere cheaper . Does my thought process sound resonable?

Thanks
    Hey, how about that, it was just a brake. Go to Oreilly's and buy two new parking brake pads for $28 a piece and change them yourself. They can both be done in under an hour.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I bought the parking brake pads for $25 each and had my mechanic install them both and he also took off my door panel my lock cylinder had fallen inside . He fixed both and put new headlight bulbs in my mustang Cobra . All the parts cost $65 total plus he charged me $120 plus I had to pay the dealer $120 to tell me what was wrong with it . Dealer quote was $650 for the brakes and $175 for the door so I saved $520 by not letting them do the work .
    Thanks Again 2 All

I bought the parking brake pads for $25 each and had my mechanic install them both and he also took off my door panel my lock cylinder had fallen inside . He fixed both and put new headlight bulbs in my mustang Cobra . All the parts cost $65 total plus he charged me $120 plus I had to pay the dealer $120 to tell me what was wrong with it . Dealer quote was $650 for the brakes and $175 for the door so I saved $520 by not letting them do the work . Thanks Again 2 All
    That a big savings glad to hear you got it fixed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.