Phillips D1R hid bulbs for $56? Real or fake?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MoistCabbage
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Phillips D1R hid bulbs for $56? Real or fake? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi all. I'm in the market for some new hids for my 04 escalade. There are Phillips d1r bulbs on ...
    cashmereDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac DTS, 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Phillips D1R hid bulbs for $56? Real or fake?

Hi all.
    I'm in the market for some new hids for my 04 escalade. There are Phillips d1r bulbs on Amazon sold by Amazon for $56 each. They have the same specs as oem (4300k, 2500-3000 hours). Seeing that acdelco are $200.00 each, could these Phillips bulbs be Chinese knock offs? Thoughts, comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    The OEM bulbs are Phillips Xenostarts. This site sells genuine bulbs much cheaper than the dealer:
    http://www.highperformancebulbs.com/d1rhidbulbs.html

You could also check www.theretrofitsource.com
    jnrsesv likes this.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Here is the site I got mine from

www.kensun.com

50 bucks for a set and two year warrenty

4300K is the factory color

I have replacement low beams and a kit in both the fog lights and high beams
    Had two ballasts give issues and they replaced them no questions asked nor did they ask for the old unit back
    When I first got my low beam replacements I had a issue(which cleared up not long after) I called the customer help number and they sent a new set free of charge

So far no problems to date and they are nice and bright

cashmereDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac DTS, 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Re: Phillips D1R hid bulbs for $56? Real or fake?

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Here is the site I got mine from

www.kensun.com

50 bucks for a set and two year warrenty

4300K is the factory color

I have replacement low beams and a kit in both the fog lights and high beams
    Had two ballasts give issues and they replaced them no questions asked nor did they ask for the old unit back
    When I first got my low beam replacements I had a issue(which cleared up not long after) I called the customer help number and they sent a new set free of charge

So far no problems to date and they are nice and bright

Thanks for the info.

What kind of quality are the products? How long did it take to receive the items once you made the order?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    The OEM bulbs are Phillips Xenostarts. This site sells genuine bulbs much cheaper than the dealer:
    http://www.highperformancebulbs.com/d1rhidbulbs.html

You could also check www.theretrofitsource.com
    Thanks for the info.
    Do you trust those sites? How do we know those bulbs are genuine? If you get a chance, read this

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e-Counterfeits

The pdf file showing what to look for in a fake is very good. http://www.hidbulbsrus.com/identifying-counterfeits/

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by cashmereDTS
    Thanks for the info. What kind of quality are the products? How long did it take to receive the items once you made the order? ---------- Thanks for the info. Do you trust those sites? How do we know those bulbs are genuine? If you get a chance, read this http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e-Counterfeits The pdf file showing what to look for in a fake is very good. http://www.hidbulbsrus.com/identifying-counterfeits/
    I did read the counterfeit info but I haven't had one go pop in neither housings(headlight and fog light) which I have seen from some other brand aftermarket hid kits)
    The shipping was quick(both after order and warranty replacement parts)

The ballasts I recommend is the slim for the high beams as the regular ballasts are a tight fit and better suited for the fog lights

If you want night shots of my fog lights on the road at night pm me and I will send you my email

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.