Mysterious windshield crack
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Mysterious windshield crack in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello everyone! first post here! I just purchased a brand new leftover 04 ESV about a month ago and my ...
    04ESV23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mysterious windshield crack

Hello everyone! first post here!

I just purchased a brand new leftover 04 ESV about a month ago and my windshield developed a crack that starts at the base right in front of the driver. This crack seems to grow about an inch a day and what has me is that there is no point of impact, no chip, no bulls eye, nothing, it grew from under the wiper plastics.

Has anyone here had a similar problem? I'm taking it to the dealer this week to see what they are going to do about it. Hopefully its a warranty issue. I'm just upset that already I have to have a windshield swaped out...

CS

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kmhebert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Mysterious windshield crack

Sorry that happened. Do you have glass insurance? A lot of places that do glass seem to go all out, like they'll go to your car and fix it, charge you nothing, and your insurance covers it.

04ESV23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yeah I do have free windshield coverage but I'm going to wait and see if the dealer takes care of it, I got a feeling its a factory defect.

My biggest fear is the removal and installation part. I had a windshield swapped out on my old Yukon (by the dealer) and it looked like they took a grinder to my VIN plate, I was cleaning peaces of glass out for weeks, and my wipers were off (center), along with my rear view mirror. oh well...

Have you guys ever seen a windshield being removed? I saw one at a Ford dealership once and the guy was using a hand SAW to cut through the sealent at the A pillars.

blingblingcv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I had to get my Infinti QX4's windshield replaced back in the day. It looked fine. I cant imagine cadillac sawing out a windshield. If they do than I would take it to a local windshield store or somewhere to get it replaced. Good Luck tho

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.