Escalade Anti Theft Alarm system...did not come on!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Escalade Anti Theft Alarm system...did not come on! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi everyone, I just got a brand new 2005 Escalade 2 weeks ago. This past weekend, I noticed that when ...
    joasav is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Escalade Anti Theft Alarm system...did not come on!

Hi everyone, I just got a brand new 2005 Escalade 2 weeks ago. This past weekend, I noticed that when I went into my car, the garage door opener was missing, the cigarette lighter was out and the glove compartment "manuals books" were all on the floor. That very moment I realized that my car was broken into!

I went outside and noticed that the thieves made a 3/4 inch hole below the driver side door handle to break in WITHOUT THE ALARM GOING OFF. I am really grateful that they did no damage inside since they could not really steal the Caddy!. They did try to take the DVD system overhead box with a screw-driver.

My car is now at the cadillac "body-shop" waiting to be fixed. The guys at the shop could not believe it but said it was the work of pros to get in without the alarm going off.

The sad thing is that when my car is finally fixed(which could take 1-2 weeks) and brand new again, there is nothing stopping a pro from breaking in again, Plus the fact that my car was at home and my bedroom was upstairs, makes it even more scary since I heard nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this or could suggest recommendations on making thieves stay away from our Caddy. I don't want to set off the sensitivity button on the car because that would just set the car off for the slightest touch.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wally meatstain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Escalade Anti Theft Alarm system...did not come on!

I think the first thing you should do is change your garage door opener.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Same thing happened to me but they stole much more. They drilled the same hole on my driver side and I took out the locking switch on that side so they couldnt do it on that door again. I also put a pager alarm on so that it tells me when someone touches. ALso your stock alarm only comes on for like 30 seconds then turns off.

RaGzEmCeE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

ya **** the bullshit .... you better watch your house if they have your garage opener

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

key word: pros. pro jackers can get around anything. just ask bogeyboy about how his lifted tahoe was broken into and how much AV equipment they stole and he thought he had a tamper proof alarm.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.